Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
Recently our security management decided to start logging all chat logs through our internal chat client. This of course wasn't made terribly public to the rest of the users. Thanks to ancient policies the company has, HR has never been busier cleaning house.

Oh, and the fact that the six member IT Help Desk 'team' that I'm on operates as two segmented units. We have 4 competent, team players that can get poo poo done. Then we have one person who has the lowest performance record but still manages to stay employed because our boss is a 'family man' and the slacker has kids. The other has been here since the dawn of time and hates everyone she sees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I have a couple co-workers that have broken my spirit with their toxic attitudes. I'm one ill-composed thought away from crawling under my desk and bawling like a little girl. I just don't like being around them and I find I'm much more productive when they are out of the room. This job has made me made computers and the people who operate them.

It is bad enough that when I'm at home I don't use a computer unless I absolutely have to. Otherwise I just unplug my electronics and pet my cats. Sometimes I go for quiet drives into the country just to get away from the drama and lights of the city.

I really need a hug and a vacation. :(