Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I'm not just a mindless office drone, I'm a mindless IT Office Drone, in an office full of (mostly) terrible IT people!

Ah the service desk. Bastion of the future network engineer/software developer/network security guy, etc.

This being a 24/7 helpdesk, I have very few stories involving the office mates, as I just got off a multi-month (lost count) stint on the weekend day shift, also of note, that shift only had one person on it.

I guess my biggest complaint of incompetent bosses, is when my last boss took over, I had already been on the shift about 5 months, so I made a request to get back onto regular days.

Short of it is, he was here for about 4, maybe 6 months before he left, in that whole time I was on the weekday shift once or twice when I was covering for someone. My new boss takes over, and within 2 weeks of her being in charge, I've already got the schedule change.

I don't know if it was incompetence or just office politics, but it kinda made me mad that I had to wait that whole time for something that could have been done in just a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU