Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

quote:

Things you'll hear around the office every loving day:
1. Buckets, soup to nuts, and project analogies
: The solution needs to be soup to nuts

What does this mean? I don't understand. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

marketingman posted:

I hate the office politics but is it wrong for me to like suits and dressing "well"? A nice french cuff shirt always makes me pretty happy. Sorry :(

It's not at all wrong to enjoy dressing well in the right context. Dressing up can be loads of fun. I think the problem a lot of us don't consider a drab office in which you work 9-5 most days of the week and never see anyone other than your coworkers to be the right context.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

seakindliness posted:

What usually happens to people who have medical emergencies and have no sick days to use? Do they not get paid for the days they had to take off?

At all the places I've worked at it was this. The way I looked at it was, I could be absent due to illness or injury as often as I needed to be (within reason) and my "sick days" were the ompany telling me how many of those absences I would be paid for. Fairly simple really.