Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not even an IT guy, I just have a basic understanding of how to use a computer. This makes me the office "computer guy". On more than one occasion some drunk old bat will call me over because poo poo isn't happening like she wants.

"Look I'm double clicking on the thing"
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick
clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

"why won't it open??"
*more clicking until I have to physically pull the mouse out of her retard hand*

and then I look like a genius because I know how to go into the task manager and stop all 54 unnecessary processes from trying to start up and all of a sudden the computer is going normal speed again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Yearly evaluations just came up at my work. The whole thing is a clusterfuck and the entire process takes at least 3 months. It consists of the employee doing their own self evaluation, and then the supervisor doing the same thing (but probably disagreeing with you). I've been here for 3 and a 1/2 years, and it's not very complex work at all. In the "Personal development" section of the evaluation I put something along the lines of "I've pretty much peaked as far as my position goes, I'd probably need some formal education to go any further".

I was thinking seminars or whatever bullshit so I might be of service to the company in some other department or if they needed a guy for something else I'd be that guy cause i have this new fangled training.

Nope. Instead they basically poo poo themselves and poo poo all over me. Now everything I do is monitored, and everything I do is wrong. I'm not sure if they somehow felt threatened or something, but they sure want to make sure I know how much I suck now! A week ago and before that everything was fine and friendly and casual I got compliments on my work. On monday, I noticed they were acting weird and checking some of the poo poo I did but I figured it was unrelated. Then I got pulled into an office by my assistant supervisor and supervisor so they could team up and tell me that I've become really lazy and I don't care about work anymore. I wasn't sure what the hell was going on still, so I tried defending myself by bringing up some of the improvements I've made to our procedures or systems. Apparently I was just doing that to make it easier for myself.
:psyduck:

I went from relatively stress free and easy going a week ago to losing sleep and stressing out all of a sudden. It's gotten so ridiculous so fast I've gone to my boss' boss asking for help.

I'm probably super hosed now.