Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missoura
Mar 29, 2008

I purr, therefore I am.
I think I really need to get out of this corporate environment. I work as a geologist at an engineering consulting firm and it's slowly sucking the life out of me. I have made many friends there, and every single last one of them also hates the place with the intensity of a thousands suns and they are all attempting to get the hell out. The place is full of "good ol' boys," hypocrisy abounds, dicks swing to and fro, and every day I die a little bit more inside.

Every day I am exposed to endless corporate propaganda about employee ownership, benefits, stock prices, company culture, and the promise that if I love my company enough and make enough selfless sacrifices for the good of the company, the good of the other employees, and the good of myself, that I will be rewarded (with more money).

My company began laying off a large number of people recently due to the economy. But that's alright. According to one of our VPs, they all "owed it to us." Yes, our coworkers and peers owe it to us to get fired so that the rest of us may live comfortably and our stock price will remain the same (it actually went up $6 a share after all that :tinfoil:). Ignore the fact that these people were all hard working individuals who were professional and good at their jobs. But thanks guys! Way to take one for the team. You are a true employee owner!

I just hope I can get my poo poo together and have the loving balls to quit soon and pursue my true dreams, lest I become an anxious, fat, bald, alcoholic, pasty, overworked, depressed, divorced, empty shell of a human being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU