Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Torka posted:

What does this mean? I don't understand. :psyduck:

I've heard this, and i'm pretty sure my interpretation is wrong, but in context it sounds like 'beginning to end'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

SheepNameKiller posted:

I read the wikipedia article and it seems like it was a legitimately popular phrase 80 years ago, it still doesn't explain why the hell it's being used in 2010 in IT firms. Nuts aren't exactly the prototypical American dessert anymore.

That's what i was thinking. Lets replace 'soup to nuts' with 'soup to jello' or even 'salad to jello'.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Baronjutter posted:

Threads like this absolutely scare the poo poo out of me when I hear libertarian types rambling about how everything should be privatized and run by huge corporations because unlike the evil bloated government, the private sector is amazing! Every time I've seen some government service privatized it always ends up costing more, for less, and even more corruption/incompetence. Have none of these corporate-savior obsessed types ever worked for a large corporation?

Libertarian goons are basically neckbeards who work at radio shack and dream of becoming captains of industry one day. The oppressed will be the oppressor one day! :argh:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Humanoid Female posted:

A member of our senior management is on record as saying "Work is typing. If you're not typing when I pass your cubicle, you're not being productive." Management in general follows the theory that skilled professional work does not actually exist; there are people who type, and people who tell them what to type.

Wait, so in your company, if you post on SA all day long, do they consider that 'work'? If so, where do i sign up? :haw:

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Clamps McGraw posted:

6 MONTHS LATER (timeshift effects etc.)
Client: THE REVENUE FIGURES ARE WAY LOWER THAN WHAT YOU SAID THEY WOULD BE AND WE'RE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING OUR FUTURE RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR COMPANY
Me: :suicide:

And this, folks, is why you keep everything in email and make sure you save it. I'm not so sure 'writing it on a sheet' is good enough.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
This thread is fertile ground to start a 'fight club' and eventual 'project mayhem'

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Biggus Dickus posted:

Whatever happened to that goon who was employed by a big company but had somehow been overlooked when it came to actually defining his job? He'd go into the office every day and do absolutely nothing but still receive a paycheck.

ISTR he looked up his job type and it was '0000' and he even found someone else in the company in the same situation. It was great.

I think i sorta remember this... this was years ago he posted the thread right? Like he pretended his cell phone was ringing to get out of a meeting or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Robot Hobo posted:

Too late, I looked.
Here's the mandatory minimums as of 2006.

I have a theory that republicans hate on europeans because if Americans ever found out about how other developed nations worked, there'd be hell to raise.