Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nazattack
Oct 21, 2008
I only worked in a big office building for 8 months. When I was hired, I was hired along with another Intern, he would work Tues/Thurs/Saturday, I did Monday/Wednesday/Friday. After about a month, I started to see how retarded everything was.

- Everyone used one of three programs. All three programs were run from one PC, and a floor and a half of people used these ALL day. Which means we got tons and tons of emails/calls complaining about how slow the script was, of which we can't do anything about.
- Clean out the computers. It's been awhile and they're bound to be dusty. Here's a vacuum cleaner with a steel wool brush head. No questsion,s just get it done.
- We had to build at least a PC a day, they all had the same build, same programs, everything, but we had no cloning software at all. Instead of the 30 minutes it takes copy an image over, we had to spend 2 hours installing all the stupid poo poo onto the computers.
- I had to start working 9 hour shifts on sundays about four months into my 8 month internship, which I now hated. Time went by quick, so long as nothing went wrong, which was neeeeever. I was the only IT staff in the building on sundays from 8am-6pm.
-Every computer on the two floors we maintained, none of them were newer than 5 years old, and even then, the computers were painful to use. My computer was a Pentium D 1.3Ghz, 256K DDR1 RAM(But only showed as 124K) with a 20gig hard drive. That was one of the 'newer' PC's for the Help Desk
- I was fired the Wednesday before Easter Sunday, but since I was out of town on a BPA(Business Professionals of America) trip, I didn't know I had been fired, no one called me or my parents, or my Internship teacher. My keycard didn't let me the in the building, but seeing as how it hadn't ever worked on sundays, I didn't think anything of it. I head into the office like normal, but I couldn't log into my PC, so I log in using my super secret login for my PC and do my thing until noon, when I get a phone call from my boss asking me what I'm doing on the website. I told her I was at the office checking the stuff, and she told me to leave my keycard, because I was fired. Never was given a reason.

After that first month I just stopped trying to be 'professional. I dressed sloppy, got there early all three days I worked so I could pad my paycheck(Wasn't allowed to), played flash games through proxies because they were blocked normally, and of course browsing SA. Also brought WoW into work on Sundays, because why the gently caress not.

I really hated that place, and I was the worst kind of intern. gently caress those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU