Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Auracounts posted:

I absolutely detest professionals who believe that being abusive towards others is some sort of entitlement you receive along with their degree. I'm a professional and I don't walk around screaming at everyone about what they hosed up. Honestly, I've found that it's way easier to get my secretary to perform "rush" jobs and fix other things on the fly simply by being nice (not to mention, most of them will do poo poo for me on the fly before they do it for some other people, simply because I treat them with as much respect as I would want in return).

My wife runs into that a lot - she works for a small dental practice. One of the dentists (the owner) is super chill and a very easy guy to work for. The other, who is a contracted employee, is a little Hitler.

One you can address on a first name basis, the other MUST be addressed as DOCTOR or he has a little hissy fit. His wife's an attorney and she's just as bad. I've never met a pair of people who are as bad about letting their degrees go straight to their heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU