Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Steve Brule
Mar 8, 2010
The worst for me is the stupid team lunches. Thank goodness the economy tanked and they got cut.

Why would I want to sit around and eat with the same people that I sit around and eat near every day? Oh, but the company is paying for it! BUT DON'T YOU DARE THINK ABOUT GETTING A STEAK. Play it safe, let your manager order first and order something of equal or lesser value.

And you can't even tell dick jokes. You can't make fun of senior management, you can't talk about getting drunk and being stupid, so all that's left is talking about work and the weather and how bad traffic was that morning.

Sometimes I wish I was a contractor, they get to eat in their cubes. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Steve Brule
Mar 8, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

I don't know what the big deal with jeans on Friday is. My haggar slacks are pretty comfortable. Big pockets, plenty of crotch room.

Jeans Friday is so stupid, like I want to wear denim when it's 95 degrees outside? And we can't even wear sandals, what the heck are you supposed to wear with jeans in summer? Plus no tank tops or t-shirts, but you can wear polo shirts. So I end up looking like I'm ready to play in the LPGA, that's nice.

So I usually wear my regular work pants and then all day I get "Didn't you hear, we can wear jeans on Fridays!" :woop:

Dr. Steve Brule
Mar 8, 2010

Roberto_Silencio posted:

Okay, now imagine that, if it actually was less than ten feet away from you, every ten to fifteen minutes. I am completely not exaggerating here. All day long, I was assaulted by disgusting throat clearing on two sides of me and I think I may have damaged my hearing because of how loud I had to turn up my headphones to drown them out. For fucks sakes, I'm a heavy smoker and I don't nearly have the sort of problems these guys had.

This happened to me when I was an intern, I was sitting next to a chronic throat clearer. There was an intern who sat on the other side of the cube wall from me who got so pissed off that every time she cleared her throat, he would do the same, but LOUDER. By the end of the day he was practically barking. :laugh:

One good thing about corporate though is the constant re-orgs got us moved to another wing so we didn't have to hear her after that. Now I sit by a guy who chews ice all day. :(