Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

CancerCakes posted:

It's their job to be in meetings, not their job to read things.

I was elected appointed to lead, not to read. Option 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Volmarias posted:

Given how direct deposit and the checking system works in the US, I feel like that's a nice thought but generally irrelevant. The bank doesn't really care who's taking the money or why, as long as it sounds legit.

Again, given that from a legal standpoint the only consequence is at worst a mean glare from a regulatory agency and having to give it back, I'm not going to hold my breath on a company doing the right thing, especially when you probably signed some sort of forced arbitration document when you were hired, and they'll assume you don't actually know your legal rights.

It's a pair of federal felonies, wire fraud and bank fraud, actually. You can't contact anyone but the debtor before you have a court order for repayment. You would be able to substitute the final decision of the arbitration as the first party creditor, but you have to go through the whole process and give the debtor the opportunity to volunteer the money.

They could withhold the final paycheck, but only up to the amount of the debt and it's still subject to release if they go after the rest and loose or you have a case under state law and sue.

In general, you need a court order seizing the money before you can contact the bank. Just swiping the employees debit card because you feel they owe you money would go very badly for you.

There is a very good reason even the banks drag you up and don't just directly debit your other existing accounts that you paid with previously if you stop paying a debit.

Barrel Cactaur fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 18, 2024