Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

What is the point of 6S anyway? No one ever loving uses it.

A company I worked for a while back required managers to get at least green belt training. It didn't loving make a difference that the company went down the shitter. Probably in part because they still brought in 6s dickwads to help us improve efficiency.

So we get to go to stupid meetings to try to streamline our process. Bunch of ground-grubbers suggest poo poo they've been asking for years, and all of a sudden that they say it in the 'friendly' 6S brainstorming sessions, it ALMOST gets implemented.

Which then takes me to annual performance reviews.

I could bitch forever about setting 'goals' that are either pre-set for the entire company, or goals that don't apply to you, or goals that you just pull out of your rear end to sound good.

Maybe I could complain about the review process which is 90% you just bullshitting the whole thing anyway, because they aren't distributed till the last minute (3 weeks after deadline), or that the boss just usually parrots the comments back to you regardless.

But most of all I complain that they don't do poo poo to give you a raise, and they're a tool that the managers use in order to say "hey we're managing!" when if it were a real god damned review: your manager would know what the hell you do and you could both work to make realistic goals.

oh, and gently caress the FISH philosophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Scrapez posted:

Dunno what this 6S is that you guys are talking about but it sounds similar to ISO.

Haha you are so not corporate, dude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Sigma

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sundae posted:

In reality:

You forgot to mention you have to pay income tax on unemployment benefits you receive!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

fuuuuuck