Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbf
Jul 26, 2003
No Dice.
I telecommute. I rarely interact with anyone aside from short emails saying "Yeah, this is done" or "When's this needed by?". Yet I had to attend a day long sexual harassment class during one of the busiest times of the year. The hilariously awkward videos showing different types of harassment made it kinda funny. The crazy guy running the class who was super serious about the test portions did not. One of the videos was to show male on male harassment, and they kept showing this clip of a guy patting another guys butt. Slow motion. Black and White. Over and over...

I also have to call in to meetings to be briefed on new projects, even though every project is the same. I know I'll never need to say a word on these calls. Usually they are scheduled for an hour, however they frequently go to 3+. It always starts the same, about 20 minutes of them trying to get their computer hooked up to the projector, them failing at it, and then calling an IT guy. Once they finally get that running, the person running the meeting suddenly realizes they have no idea what they meeting was about, have nothing prepared, and slowly goes through their stuff to try to piece together some sort of information. This usually results in them stammering, shuffling around papers, searching for a PDF on their laptop which isn't there, and repeating themselves over and over again. Did I mention every project is exactly the same and virtually nothing new or any changes between projects? Yep, nothing new. Yet they somehow still can't manage to have a meeting on something they've covered a dozen times already. I used to try to listen in, now i just put my phone on speaker in the kitchen and wait for the voices to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU