Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BullProofMonk
Dec 8, 2004

PURPLE RAIN!!!!!!!
Hey Mr. IT guy, I need you to make a change to the production environment.

Sure, submit your change in a ticket, and we will review it at the next change control board, and schedule it for implementation.

2 weeks go by, without a ticket, or further word on it. Hey, why hasn't that change I talked to you about at the bathroom urinal in place yet? The client wanted that to be live today, and I heard that it hasn't even been worked on yet.....

This is when I get to be all smug, and ask, "What was the ticket number on that request, I'll look it up and see what the story is."

It usually ends up in an emergency change control taking place in the middle of the day for some mundane change that shouldn't have been a problem to begin with, if they would have followed procedure. I tell these ignorant fucks over and over again how we are required by corporate policy to do changes to the production environment, and every week, it's the same bullshit. I mean is it too much to ask to go to your favorites, click the giant link named HELPDESK, and write down what you need from my department?

Jesus Christ someone give me a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU