Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Firstly, i'd like to give a big gently caress YOU to all you people who get bonuses.

Working for a government agency as an IT drone we're lucky if we get a pat on the back at the end of the year. All in all though, i don't mind my users because 99% of them are really nice people and don't do anything overly stupid.

But, about 10 months ago i got a new IT Manager. He came from the corporate world. He needs to chill the hell out and learn that we're the government, it doesn't matter how much money he saves, things don't change.

He did at least get me and the other 2 IT grunts a reorganization so that we're now salary (yay, i get to work on weekends for free now) but I did get at least a pretty hefty bump in pay in a year where no one is getting merit raises at all.

Last year i got a GIANT 2.2% pay increase. This year i'll get jack. Next year if i'm lucky i'll get 5%. God i hate my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

The Rokstar posted:

My pay has actually steadily gone down over the last 2 years, consider yourself lucky you're getting anything.

Considering i could go back to being a loving waiter and make more money than i do now, the only lucky part is that i know my hours are the same every week.