Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

I work for a hospital owned by the HCA corporation, so I am subject to complete bullshit fairly often. Sometimes its just stupid stuff like getting email invites for some meeting in loving Tennesse, when I work in Texas.

The lamest thing they've done recently is decided to color code uniforms for all employees in the hospital, even those with no patient contact, so patients can tell who their nurse is or whatever. I'm one of the people with no patient contact. As in none whatsoever. So I'm just forced to wear a gay looking sage scrub top with lovely black scrub pants that get all linty after being washed because they suck. Ontop of that they gave nurses and doctors proper uniformed labcoats - keeping in mind none of them wear them ever, and did not issue any for the people who are goddamn required to wear them. If I had gotten a nice lab coat out of this I wouldn't really care, but instead I have to wear uncomfortable scrubs with a lovely polyester labcoat on over it.

So I crank the AC down to 65 every day out of spite. Stickin it to the man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merou
Jul 23, 2005
mean green? :(

The place I work at has slowly gone downhill over the last 2 years I've been there. I mean it started with dumbshit, but it just slowly got more and more... evil. Like just plain evil.

At first we had casual fridays taken away for some reason, even though most people didn't do it because we work in a hospital lab and I'd rather not get someones bodily fluids on my personal clothing. Then we suddenly all had to wear department specific uniforms but in ways that just boggle the mind. The idea is so the patients/visitors can tell what your job is, but no one really tells them and even then they don't really know the difference. Plus the lab doesn't have contact with non-employees, so patients never see us to begin with.

Around the same time as the uniforms someone on the board happened to either be in one of our hospitals or visit someone who was or some poo poo, anyway they decided all TVs must be removed and discarded and flat screens put in. Basically the problem with these 2 items is they cost the hospital hundreds of thousands if not in the million range to uniform all employees and replace all the working TVs with new HDTVs.

Then we got a new director whose ability to understand finances are just confusing at best. Being that this is a major hospital, which is under a major healthcare corporation, our budget is in the hundreds of millions/billions range. So we got a new instrument over a year ago we don't use, instead we continue to use the 2 much older lovely ones. The problem is we have to pay for all 3 regardless. These instruments cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in contracts. Bringing in consultants costs money, getting them repaired when they're out of date costs money. Sending out tests because they've broken costs money. So for some reason they've decided the best way to limit these damages is to send people home early since the census is down. Hundreds of thousands of dollars lost due to incompetence yet we're being sent home saving hundreds of dollars.

Then just to really tip the scales into evil, the corporation we're under has decided if you do not participate in the health screening, you are limited to the lowest tier of health insurance. However, if you do participate, they reserve the right to give your entire information to whomsoever they please, for whatever reason they deem fit, at any time. Without your consent or knowledge.

To make it even worse the competing chain of hospitals in my area is taking their own brand of shame out on its employees as well, which means going there won't go any better for me and that the chain I work for doesn't have to offer as much to its employees because hey the other guy doesn't.

You just know that once the census is up again and they've robbed us of everything they could, they definitely won't give any of it back. So I'm gonna stay until my lease is up or I get laid off or something. Just gotta make it to the summer.