Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:
At my previous shitwad company, not a single person besides me could use the $7,000 Xerox copiers we got for anything other than making a one-sided copy. They bought five of these my last year there, then gave everyone a $20 gift certificate to Applebee's or some poo poo instead of an actual Christmas bonus, since they'd blown all this money on copiers. Of course the previous copiers were in fine working order, but they had just moved into a new, more expensive office so obviously new, more expensive copiers were needed to match the drapes or something.

As a Japanese company, I expected perhaps a different (better) work culture. But they just took the worst of Japanese business practices, smashed them together with the worst of American business practices, and us drones at the bottom got the worst of both worlds. Our CEO would golf most days, and take "business" vacations all over the world though no new business would ever come of it. He would then come back to the office on random Friday afternoons and stay for hours, and everyone was expected to stay until at least 8 or 9 pm despite all our suppliers and customer base being gone for the night.

I would re-sort the same old files over and over, despite the fact that nobody would ever need to look at them again, just to appear busy because they expected you to always be looking like you were working. If they would have given me any actual work to do, I would have gladly done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU