Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I remember learning in business school that studies on layoffs show that they typically have long-term negative impacts on companies that do them, and yet they go on and have layoffs anyway.

Tech vibes in Seattle I'd say morale is in the gutter, with people unsure if their job is safe and people that don't like their job having a really difficult time finding new roles. I myself spent about 10 months trying to find a job. But hey those profits never looked better! Anything for the shareholders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

dpkg chopra posted:

No way LinkedIn, if I spend my free time writing a “collaborative article” (ie: training your LLM) I get a NEW BADGE for my profile?

Sign me the gently caress up.

The best new LinkedIn thing is the AI generated comment choices under every post now. They are such useless comments that I can't imagine LinkedIn keeping them there for long, they add absolutely nothing of value to anyone.