Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I seem to remember a comic involving Kramer running in screaming about apples, only for apples to pour through the door and push him out the window. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

*I think George added this part

No, Marissa likes baldness, he added the stocky part.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Atticus Finch posted:

George was always my favorite. I thought the best acting Jason Alexander did on Seinfeld was the car dealership episode.

TWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX

This episode fires on all cylinders for me. Kramer driving past E, Jerry dealing with Elaine and Puddy (Hey, Koko. That monkey's alright. High Five,), and the candy lineup.

My favorite quote from that episode is "And you! How many Twix does that make for you, today?! Like, 8 Twix?!" and the mechanic's mouthful of "Noooo."

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
One of Kramer's best:

*eats 70 year-old hotdog* See? This is a perfectly sane food to eat... um, interesting texture... *looks sick*

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
One of my favorite lines:

Kramer: Do you have any tums?

Jerry: Yeah, why?

Kramer: I drank too much water in the shower.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I seem to remember a comic involving Kramer running in screaming about apples, only for apples to pour through the door and push him out the window. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It's a Shmorky comic, with the Mackinaw Peaches that Kramer was obsessed with. I can't find it for the life of me, but it's wonderful. Webcomic authors do such a great job with Seinfeld subject matter, for whatever reason.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"For I am Constanza...Lord of the Idiots."

"You're all winners!"

"...However, a new contender emerges."

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

AKA Driver posted:

This episode fires on all cylinders for me. Kramer driving past E, Jerry dealing with Elaine and Puddy (Hey, Koko. That monkey's alright. High Five,), and the candy lineup.

My favorite quote from that episode is "And you! How many Twix does that make for you, today?! Like, 8 Twix?!" and the mechanic's mouthful of "Noooo."

Yeah a lot of people dont like this one because it's probably among the most unrealistic and zany of all the episodes, but it's all loving gold.

Puddy taking Elaine to "a restaurant..."
Puddy adding insane charges to Jerry's car; "Finders fee? It was on the lot." "Yeah that's right." "Keys?" "How you gonna start it?"
The entire insane conversation about the 100 grand bar -- especially the line "They all have swirling chocolate in the commercials!" Crazy old man: Not skittles!

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
"It's an Arby's night. High five."

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Mr. Thomasoulo likes to play dirty. Well, there's nothing dirtier than a giant ball of oil.
(Mr. Thomasoulo picked the wrong man to hire because he was fake handicapped)

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
That one is great just for the calm phone call he makes after breaking in through the vents.

"if you see him tell him I'M IN MY OFFICE!!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

safety dan posted:

Mr. Thomasoulo likes to play dirty. Well, there's nothing dirtier than a giant ball of oil.

"We're testing my bladder system."
"You're going to drink all that oil?"

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
I've always been a pretty big fan of Seinfeld, but I didn't start getting into Curb Your Enthusiasm until the last year or two, so I didn't know until recently that George was based on Larry David. Or if I did hear about it in the past, I just didn't care since I had no idea who Larry was I started watching Curb.

Now when I watch reruns of Seinfeld they take on a whole new level of entertainment since I can picture Larry David in all the situations George got into, and when George acts like an rear end in a top hat I picture Larry acting like a mega-rear end in a top hat. Especially after one of the last episodes of Curb where Larry was doing a rehersal as George.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Notsosubtle posted:

The #1 Funniest Moment in that 10 best moments clip totally missed that best part about that Vandelay Industries gag, with Jerry coming in at the end and ad-libbing "and you want to be my latex salesmen".

A few years ago at my first job, I was in a rush to get together a whole crapload of pages for a book right before a meeting -- basically, I had to get 10 copies of this book printed -- and the printer had hosed up and didn't collate the pages. So I had stacks of pages in my cubicle, and I was sitting on the floor trying to sift my way through all of this stuff, and one of the editors walked by, took one look at the papers and at how frustrated I was, and said to me, "And you want to be my latex salesman," then walked away.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

penis sandwich posted:

A few years ago at my first job, I was in a rush to get together a whole crapload of pages for a book right before a meeting -- basically, I had to get 10 copies of this book printed -- and the printer had hosed up and didn't collate the pages. So I had stacks of pages in my cubicle, and I was sitting on the floor trying to sift my way through all of this stuff, and one of the editors walked by, took one look at the papers and at how frustrated I was, and said to me, "And you want to be my latex salesman," then walked away.
You got burned in style!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

safety dan posted:

They've downgraded me to some sort of bunker. It's like Hitler's last days here.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
Seinfeld never gets re-run in the uk (if it does its on at some god-forsaken time on some digital channel in the bowels of sky+)

Therefore i have only ever seen a hondful of episodes and clips, it sucks because friends is shown still all the time but seinfeld is just as funny and just as long running?

Curb is on a lot and i know thats like the nearest thing on right now because of larry david. wish more4 would just whack Seinfeld on more often.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

LE0N posted:

Seinfeld never gets re-run in the uk (if it does its on at some god-forsaken time on some digital channel in the bowels of sky+)

Therefore i have only ever seen a hondful of episodes and clips, it sucks because friends is shown still all the time but seinfeld is just as funny and just as long running?

Curb is on a lot and i know thats like the nearest thing on right now because of larry david. wish more4 would just whack Seinfeld on more often.

Seinfeld always got a bum deal in the UK, BBC2 bought it and would keep moving the timeslot between different days and it ended up going out after midnight usually. They did this with Larry Sanders too and more recently with Arrested Development.

It was shown on Paramount Comedy later on when it was picking up a cult following, not sure if it's still on there though.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

AKA Driver posted:

It really is a great episode and I love how in his description to Puddy, George includes that the guy is a liar. And everything else is funny too.

JERRY: (Threatening tone) So, listen, Puddy. When we first started this deal, I thought things were gonna be different. Now, if you want to play hard ball, I got my friend, George, here, and he can play pretty hard.. ball. George, vein it up.

GEORGE: Alright, Puddy, listen, and listen good: I need to know the name of that mechanic that walks around here. Big guy, a liar. Short name. Sam? Moe? Sol?!

JERRY: George! Can we focus on the car, here?

JERRY: (Pleading) George, could you help me, please?

GEORGE: (Standing up) Yes. This is wrong!

JERRY: Sing it, sister!

GEORGE: Just because a candy bar fails to fall from its perch..!

JERRY: Uhhh..

GEORGE: ..does not imply transfer of ownership. Moe, Sol, or… Lem is not gonna get away with this!

Also, his solution:

GEORGE: All I want is my seventy-five cents back, an apology, and for him to be fired!

The Infamous Shane
Dec 19, 2007
Call me Shane Mcloon, Super Goon.
I'm loving how much The Dealership is getting brought up. The short name thing is priceless, as well as this exchange after George can't get the candy bar from the machine due to bad dollar bill:

Jerry:Alright, can I have my dollar back?

George:It's wrinkled..it's worthless *puts in pocket*

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The Infamous Shane posted:

I'm loving how much The Dealership is getting brought up. The short name thing is priceless, as well as this exchange after George can't get the candy bar from the machine due to bad dollar bill:

Jerry:Alright, can I have my dollar back?

George:It's wrinkled..it's worthless *puts in pocket*

Jerry: I think the candy comes out over here!
George: People drop change and their too lazy to pick it up!
Jerry: Either that or they've got a thing about lying face first in a pile of filth.

moofin
Dec 25, 2006

goestotheinternet
This is the one show that even my conservative Christian parents still watch reruns of regularly.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
It is so hard to pick a single favorite moment in the series, but if you held a gun to my head I might pick this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T35QhLx_KI

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Arturo Ui posted:

Yeah a lot of people dont like this one because it's probably among the most unrealistic and zany of all the episodes, but it's all loving gold.

Puddy taking Elaine to "a restaurant..."

Love Elaine's demure description of the trip.

"I had the roast beef."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

It is so hard to pick a single favorite moment in the series, but if you held a gun to my head I might pick this one:

That clip makes me realize how ridicerous some of Jerry's shirts were in the first few seasons.

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

That clip makes me realize how ridicerous some of Jerry's shirts were in the first few seasons.

In the early commentaries, Elaine is always commenting on Jerry's lame shirts.

The Strike is also a fantastic episode. You have:

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows opon him, I realized

there had to be another way!

KRAMER: What happened to the doll?

FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.

FRANK: She was.

and

FRANK: Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it! You, Kruger. My son tells me your company stinks!

GEORGE: Oh, God.

FRANK: (To George) Quiet, you'll get yours in a minute. Kruger, you couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.. I lost my train of thought.

AND

GWEN: I guess this is the ugly girl I've been hearing about.

ELAINE: Hey, I was in a shvitz for 6 hours. Give me a break.

(Gwen leaves, Jerry follows)

JERRY: Gwen. Gwen, wait! Ah! (runs back to his seat) Bad lighting on the porch.

My friends and I always used to throw "you couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date..." into arguments.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

DrBouvenstein posted:

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Notsosubtle posted:

In the early commentaries, Elaine is always commenting on Jerry's lame shirts.

The Strike is also a fantastic episode. You have:

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows opon him, I realized

there had to be another way!

KRAMER: What happened to the doll?

FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.

FRANK: She was.

I love that exchange. And this image is as old as the internet but I love it every time I see it

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
My girlfriend had never seen Seinfeld, so I made her watch several episodes. It was utterly bizarre to watch an episode of Seinfeld with someone and explaining who everyone was. It's honestly never happened to me before.

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnofMbHgHfc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzUICBMQBNU

These are my two favorite moments in Seinfeld if I had to choose.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
how did that Downtown one actually end? Do they tell us what George was supposed to be doing?

Did Seinfeld invent the term "double dipping" a chip? It's the first place I ever heard it. that show was really a modern day Shakespeare with all the little contributions to language it made.

Dr_Amazing fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Apr 26, 2010

TwoSheds
Sep 12, 2007

Bringer of sugary treats!

Dr_Amazing posted:

how did that Downtown one actually end? Do they tell us what George was supposed to be doing?

I don't think so, I was going to check the actual episode (The Bottle Deposit), but Wikipedia was quicker.

Wikipedia posted:

Mr. Wilhelm is delighted with the job George did on the project; however, George has no idea what he did or how he did it. Unknowingly to George, Mr. Wilhelm had forgotten to take his medication, which would explain his compliment.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Watch the first minute and a half for the best Kramer moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Ob_QmJu2o

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Part I and II of this episode might be my favorite of all time (though its so loving hard to pick). Between this and the Magic Loogie Theory, that episode was golden

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Dr_Amazing posted:

Did Seinfeld invent the term "double dipping" a chip? It's the first place I ever heard it. that show was really a modern day Shakespeare with all the little contributions to language it made.

Seinfeld added so much to the pop culture vernacular. People would add poo poo to their vocabulary the day after the show aired, it was true water cooler tv.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Roflcopter posted:

Part I and II of this episode might be my favorite of all time (though its so loving hard to pick). Between this and the Magic Loogie Theory, that episode was golden

KEITH HERNANDEZ?!

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Nice game, pretty boy!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
He must have seen us when I poured that beer on his head!

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

One of my all time favorite Seinfeld moment/concept is from the early season six episode "The Couch" when George is too lazy to read Breakfast at Tiffany's, so he decides to rent the film version instead, but it's already been rented out. So he finds out the address of the (black) family that rented it and goes to their apartment to plead his bizarre request to watch the film with them. They hesitantly comply. He makes a complete rear end of himself, etc.

Anyways, the hilarious part is that almost a whole year later, toward the end of season 6, in the episode "The Diplomat's Club", George suspects his boss thinks he's racist, so he goes around trying to make black friends so he can introduce them to his boss & impress him.

He ends up remembering the black family, and awkwardly tries to befriend the father. This of course makes him look utterly insane & creepy.

I love the fact that because George has barely interacted with any African-Americans, his desperation for his boss's approval causes him to contact a black family that he briefly interacted with almost a year ago.

George is the greatest sitcom character ever to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

George is the greatest sitcom character ever to exist.
Nothing truer has ever been said. Kramer has his moments but Costanza is the real deal