Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Bob Sacamano. :eng101:

As in:

Jerry: "You know my friend Bob Sacamano..."
Elaine: "I thought he was Kramer's friend."
Jerry: "Well he called last night about 3am and we got to talking. He sells Russian hats down at Battery Park. 40 bucks."
Elaine: "40 bucks? Are they sable?"
Jerry: "No, but the difference is negligible"
Kramer: "Oh yeah, I like this idea."

The Chicken Roaster is still one of my favorite episodes. Jerry turning into Kramer is great.

edit - Here's the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUvzzEtNevY&feature=related

I'd love to see more clips of actors on shows exchanging parts. Kramer does a fair Jerry but Jerry's Kramer is really jarring.

HoveringCheesecake posted:

I just assumed everyone liked Seinfeld by default.

I think it takes a hit because people hate being able to laugh at something their parents can also laugh at.

I'm curious how many/which episodes I haven't seen. I watched some of the later seasons during their original run, but I wasn't a really dedicated viewer. The show is pretty common in syndication and I've seen a lot of it, but it's entirely possible there are episodes that slipped through the cracks. The possibility of a "new" Seinfeld episode I haven't seen is pretty cool :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

haljordan posted:

What about after George finds out Susan's parents are starting a foundation in her name based on what Jerry said during the funeral (which he just ripped off from Wrath of Khan).

"That's it...." *squirts mustard into Jerry's coffee and stirs it* "...that's the line that ruined my life."

Watching this on Youtube now, man, Jason Alexander is just so on top of that character all the time. I love when he talks about George in the third person.

Edit: He's so loving intense, I love it.

Pompous Rhombus fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 24, 2010

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Gyshall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6MJwZ-O9o

It's called "The Strongbox", I think.

The "other woman" looks like a Caucasian in ganguro-face.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Oh yeah? I had a dream last night that a hamburger was eating me :colbert:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

We both know it's the job of a general to by God get things done.

From the same episode:

Elaine: "Can I use your phone?"
*dials number*
"Puddy, it's Elaine. We're through. Yeah, that's right, again. Bye."

J: "Where'd you get the bricks?"
K: "Jerry, the whole building is brick."

Newman, to other postal employee: "I'll handle this Violet, why don't you go and take your three-hour break?"

Jerry: "FRANKIE? FRANKIE? Frankie, is that you?"
Creepy guy digging a hole in the park: "My name is Edgar."
Jerry, fumbling for words, regains his composure: "Have a nice night."
Edgar: "Thank you."

"In addition to being a Postmaster, I'm also... a general."

The Wiz, George's parents "cutting him loose", and him then trying to date his cousin, this show is just so drat dense with hilarious subplots.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Whew... it's like a sauna in here.

Man, Peepshow totally stole that bit.

(Peepshow is still very good though)

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

@leducviolet posted:

George Steinbrenner's last request was to be buried with all his slaves in a giant pyramid overlooking the East River #randallsislandpyramid

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I want to thank this thread for turning me on to Curb, it's easily one of my favorite shows of all time now. Also I've never had a celebrity crush before but Cheryl Hines :swoon:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Secks posted:

Today's episode had my favorite Newman moment. It was the one where he went to court with Kramer to contest the speeding ticket. His slow turn into LUNATIC NEWMAN is hilarious. I love :38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZIa55hZmE

God, that's amazing.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Siding with Jay Leno and making The Marriage Ref.

God, The Marriage Ref is terrible.

Jerry.... Jerry...

hello?

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Flobbster posted:

But yes, Cheryl Hines is way hotter than the actress who ended up playing George's ex-wife anyway.

Literally never had a celebrity crush until I saw Cherly Hines in Curb. :allears:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

I haven't seen the last two seasons of Curb. I'd love to but HBO on demand has been stuck on the first half of season 4 for over a month. loving Time Warner assholes.

It's great. I got it through my local library on inter-library loan.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I want to show a foreign friend a good Kramer/George episode (because a mutual friend of ours has been compared to both, I showed her the clip of Kramer taking on the post office and she really liked it), any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Awesome guys, thanks!