Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

One of my all time favorite Seinfeld moment/concept is from the early season six episode "The Couch" when George is too lazy to read Breakfast at Tiffany's, so he decides to rent the film version instead, but it's already been rented out. So he finds out the address of the (black) family that rented it and goes to their apartment to plead his bizarre request to watch the film with them. They hesitantly comply. He makes a complete rear end of himself, etc.

Anyways, the hilarious part is that almost a whole year later, toward the end of season 6, in the episode "The Diplomat's Club", George suspects his boss thinks he's racist, so he goes around trying to make black friends so he can introduce them to his boss & impress him.

He ends up remembering the black family, and awkwardly tries to befriend the father. This of course makes him look utterly insane & creepy.

I love the fact that because George has barely interacted with any African-Americans, his desperation for his boss's approval causes him to contact a black family that he briefly interacted with almost a year ago.

George is the greatest sitcom character ever to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Why don't you go get a glass of orange juice and spill it all over yourself like a big dumb baby

I just remembered one of my favorite moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY7kzdnpgJ4

I love how Jerry delivers the "salty discharge" line like he's some sort of confused robot who just discovered the concept of emotions.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

This scene, where Elaine goes into Crazy Joe Davola's apartment is really creepy. I remember watching this episode as a kid and being freaked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uov9d-nqyFY

It's like something right out of Silence of the Lambs. The audience laughter just makes it more surreal and uncomfortable.

Something about the early seasons are already unsettling to begin with.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

"The Strongbox" is a really great episode.

I love how George is once again eating something that's been technically contaminated, (he found it in the sewer) but still not quite garbage yet.

Jerry: *disgusted look* Where did you get that..?

George: ..I bought it.

also

"HEY KRAMER!!! I DUG FREDO UP, NOW LET'S CUT HIM OPEN!!!"

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

hey buddy.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

I think "Vegetable Lasagna" is my favorite one-time appearance character.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Peterman: Elaine, I have a question for you. Is the item still...with you?

Elaine: Um...as far as I know.

Peterman: Do you know what happens to a butter-based frosting after six decades in a poorly ventilated English basement?

Elaine: Uh, I guess I hadn't--

Peterman: Well, I have a feeling that what you are about to go through is punishment enough. Dismissed.

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

SHUT UP YA OLD BAG

She deserved it, though. Only an idiot would refuse 50 bucks in exchange for a 6 dollar rye. :colbert:

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

To this day, it still confuses me as to why George didn't eat one of the Twixes he had gathered while putting together that entire setup. It makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITNESS THE POWER!
Jun 13, 2009

Ohhh no! I'm so sorry, it's the Moops. The correct answer is... the Moops.