Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seinfeld is my favorite sitcom of all time, and my second favorite show after Curb Your Enthusiasm. It has such great characters and it's endlessly quotable. Also watching Michael Richards as Kramer never, ever fails to crack me up. The guy is a total method actor and has absolutely no sense of self-preservation when it comes to physical comedy. I mean, just watch this.

I also like that the Seinfeld DVD's got so much support and are just filled with extra material. I think Seinfeld outtakes are the funniest sitcom outtakes I've ever seen.

The Season 7 finale of CYE that had the Seinfeld "reunion show" was amazing as well, and really made me wish the show would come back. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Julia Louis-Dreyfus is the biggest offender when it comes to losing it during takes, but I honestly can't blame her. There are several episodes where you can tell she's been laughing or is struggling to keep it together.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

haljordan posted:

I always loved this show just because of how Jerry and the gang straight up laughed in each other's faces when a personal tragedy/loss occurred. Its like there was zero compassion at all amongst the four of them. Glorious.

"That's a shame."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I recently watched "The Race" again and the scene in the cafe where George pretends not to have seen Jerry for 20 years is fantastic. All he's supposed to do is to lie about Jerry not cheating in the race but instead just starts lying his rear end off about how he's a millionare and an architect. Him belitteling Jerry's comedy act is also priceless, as is Jerry's comeback:

"Boy, you really went bald there."

Watching Jason Alexander lying or coming up with excuses as George is phenomenal.

"Art Core... velay."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

penis sandwich posted:

George: "Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie! And if I have to tell you again, we're gonna take it outside and I'm gonna show you what it's like!"

According to the "Inside Looks" on the Seinfeld DVD's, that's one of three Buddy Rich lines in the show, lifted from bootleg tapes of Rich's rants that Seinfeld and David are fans of. The other two are "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." from "The Understudy" and "Then we'll see how he does, up there, without all the assistance." from "The Butter Shave" I think.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

^^ Nuts.

kefkafloyd posted:

I still get a chuckle out of the rear end MASTER license plate debacle.

ASSMAN. :eng101:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

got dat wmd posted:

The Sein dvds are by far the best television dvds ever. 2/3s of the episodes have short Inside Look interviews about their origins and experiences filming them with members of the cast including the writers and director too. It's particularly fascinating about how they did The Subway.

But yeah, there's the Notes About Nothing for EVERY episode. Buying the big black box set is SO worth it.

Also there's about 20-25 minutes of outtakes per season, and they're really funny. Excellent DVD's.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Your Proud Pal posted:

And they're all on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7IPnPTF7fA
So ridiculous in the video store when Kramer is posing above the sign reading "comedy"

This made me gasp for air from laughing so hard the first time I saw it. Michael Richards never breaks character, even when he injures himself.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't mind the laugh tracks at all apart from one thing; at some point in season 5, they had to specifically instruct the audience not to go all apeshit when/if Kramer enters Jerry's apartment because it kept (understandably) throwing Richards off when the audience would cheer for a good 10-15 seconds while the cast were just standing there, waiting for a break so they could say their lines. In the earlier seasons it gets pretty annoying to watch.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

I love how the Puerto Rican Day Parade brought everyone's made up people into one room.

SALES WOMAN: Mr. Pennypacker, this is Mr. Vandelay, And you know Mr. Varnsen.
KRAMER: Uh, Varnsen.
JERRY: Pennypacker.
KRAMER: Vandelay.
GEORGE: Pennypacker. Varnsen.
JERRY: Vandelay. Wait a second. Mr. Pennypacker, if you're here, and Mr. Vandelay is also here, then who's watching the factory?
KRAMER: The factory?
JERRY: The Saab factory?
KRAMER: Jerry, that's in Sweden.

After all the pretending Kramer breaks it with Jerry.

There's no Dr. Van Nostrand. :colbert:

Edit: VVV The subtitles are in Finnish.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 30, 2010

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

HorseHeadBed posted:

Seinfeld re-imagined as a heartfelt drama. Amazing what a soundtrack can do.
http://tv.gawker.com/5528419/the-serious-side-of-seinfeld

That's absolutely brilliant and really quite touching if you're familiar with Seinfeld.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

got dat wmd posted:

Larry Charles is loving psychotic and every episode he did had weirdness, taboo or violence in it.

"Cable boy! What have they done to my little cable boy?!"

Larry Charles episodes are always great.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

There are so many opportunities in life to just casually say "that's a shame" as a response to any tragedy, big or small. Also it's best to be eating something while saying it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Also the bit where Jerry first moves into the building at the end (beginning?) of the episode. They retcon why Kramer was called Kessler in the pilot, too. :v:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I love 'The Muffin Tops' episode. First of all you have Kramer giving a reality tour (The last thing this guy is qualified to give a tour of is reality), then you have George being a tourist (No offense, but this city would eat you alive George), then you have Jerry shaving his chest (it's an old wives tale. Is it? IS IT REALLY?) and finally you have the titular muffin tops and the problems disposing the stumps.

It is just all woven together so loving well that I can't stop laughing during the entire episode. Anyone who says the last two seasons were the low seasons is just not right in the head.

I thought the Wolf parody at the end was funny. :shobon:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Aatrek posted:

The panties your mother laid out for you?
The first time I saw that episode the line came totally out of the blue, and her delivery is absolutely fantastic. As are Jerry and George's reactions.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

Hell of a find: every single one of Kramer's entrances into Jerry's apartment.
drat, nice find. That must've taken a while to make.

The 360 when Kramer spots Keith Hernandez is still the best entrance.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

Shut your traps and stop kicking the seats! We're trying to watch the movie. And if I have to tell you again, I'm gonna take you outside and show you what it's like. Do you understand me? Now, shut your mouths or else I'll shut them for you... and if you think I'm kidding, just try me. Try me. Because, I would LOVE IT!

(anyone know the connection between these two lines, besides the fact that they're both awesome?)
They're Buddy Rich quotes. As is "Then we'll see how he does up there, without all the assistance!" All great lines.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The guy could be a serial killer of small children and I'd still watch the hell out of him and Larry David together talking about regular poo poo. It's like a miracle of nature watching those two guys interact.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

WoG posted:

It was the second episode, The Stake Out.
Which was also the first episode where Art Vandalay was mentioned.

"Art Core... velay."

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The chicken roaster sign episode is one of my favorites. George with the hat, Elaine going to Burma, and especially Jerry and Kramer switching apartments. Jerry's Kramer impersonation is hilarious. The little hand gesture when Jerry goes "Oh, I'm stressed." kills me. And of course, "By Mennen!".

Also,

"Mr. Marbles?" :ohdear:

Great episode.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

PROGNOSIS: NEGATIVE

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It's amazing how well that works. Right up there with the "George" trailer.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The episode where Jerry is rolling in the cash and laughing through cigars as she loses bet after bet with him over breaking up with Puddy forever is fantastic.
There are a few amazing outtakes of that, I can't believe Julia got through it eventually because I can't not laugh when I watch that scene.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

He's a bubble boy! :haw:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That's an amazing picture but I can't find Jerry's cowboy boots or any reference to double-dipping.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Have to say Seinfeld will probably always remain #1 on the all time TV chart for me. I'm an 80's kid that has watched a terrifying amount of television but I honestly don't think anything beats Seinfeld for me.
This is true for me as well. Though there's a fierce battle going on between Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm for the #1 spot right now.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Oh well I guess I've just never actually heard someone pronounce it like that, so I just assumed that was another joke.

Like they picked the least likely name that was still somewhat plausible.
They actually had something else written for that episode (may have been Mulva, actually) but after filming it the audience didn't respond to it too well and they asked the audience for a name that would rhyme with a part of the female anatomy and someone in the audience shouted out "Delores". That's how that came about.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Ahh! That's some tart cider!"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Bobfromsales posted:

I don't think Jerry would stand for people putting their shoes on his couch.
"Is that..? Could it..? Could... Could he have? IT IS! POPPY PEED ON MY SOFA!"

Also isn't there an outtake of that key throwing scene where Michael nails Jason square in the balls with the keys?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

BlackJosh posted:

This is one of my favorite lines in the whole show.

Also, anyone find the clip of Jerry laughing while smoking a cigar and Elaine paying up on the bet that she'd stay broken up with Puddy? I love that scene, but I can't find it anywhere.
The only thing that's funnier than that scene are the outtakes where Julia Louis-Dreyfus can't keep it together when Jerry laughs.

Edit: Here we are.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Feb 1, 2011

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Benagain posted:

What episode is this from?
The season 4 finale of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is a show you should watch if you like Seinfeld.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The Little Kicks is such a good episode.

A full body dry-heave set to music.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"Seinfeld, you magnificent bastard!"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You'd be raiding Jerry's fridge with Kramer.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I watched JFK earlier today and yeah, I can't watch the "magic bullet" demonstration the same way anymore. As a bonus, Wayne Knight's character's name is Numa. :v:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kramerica Industries.

Edit: Hahahaha

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

And Gore-Tex in the winters. I just like saying Gore-Tex.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Goddamn, that's great. I want to watch that episode right now.

It just needs a good way to tie all the individual stories together.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"While you're thinking about that, think about this..." What a great character Bookman was.