Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

spanky the dolphin posted:

It smells. Smells bad. Smells really bad.
Alright, enough with the smells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

And he had Jerry get gunned down by cops. Cable boy... :(

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Der Shovel posted:

B) the coughing dog.

The coughing dog was so amazingly low effort and brilliant that I started laughing when I remembered it was in the episode, and when it actually coughed for the first time I went into hysterics.

The best TV comedy of all time.
The moment I started reading this post I cracked up when the image of the quick cut to the dog doing a human cough popped into my head.

I wish .gifs had sound so someone could post it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

wa27 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y

The part where he coughs right into Elaine's face is also pretty funny.
Oh right :doh: Youtube. Thanks for posting that, it's as funny as I remember.

JethroMcB posted:

Jerry: You know my friend Bob Sacamano?
Elaine: I thought he was Kramer's friend.
Jerry: Well, he called last night about 3 A.M., we got to talking. He sells Russian hats down at Battery Park. Forty bucks!
I love the bit where Jerry does the Kramer-esque hand gesture when he goes "Oh, I'm stressed!"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You're a shiksa! You've got shiks-appeal!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

"I'm sorry Frank, but this holiday's a little *insane trumpet noise*"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

John. F. Kennedy. JUNNNIAAAAH.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

jerman999 posted:

The guy running the SeinfeldStories twitter account went a little nuts last night.

Well, there never was a Halloween-themed Seinfeld episode...

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Poque posted:

Michael Richards seems like such a killjoy in the outtakes, though. But I suppose if it was just Jerry, Jason Alexander, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, they never would've gotten anything done.
Richards' philosophy was to always stay in character in case something unplanned and awesome happened, which usually was the case due to all the physical stuff he did. And he was worried they would lose the energy of the audience if they messed up too many times.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I see a parasite.

(You lucky dog.)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

You mean we desecrated a pet cemetery for nothing!?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

He can find his way pretty well to his imaginary home in the Hamptons though.
Also any toilet (and the quality thereof) in the city.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kevyn posted:

I wish there was a phoenetic spelling for that quack noise Newman does when Jerry tells him how lame his millennium party will be.
KHEEGM!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

GAMMY'S GETTIN' UPSET!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm upset that in this age of cellphones, I won't get to do that to my friends. :(
I think it works even better now, because there's no way you don't know who's calling. Trust me, it infuriates them even more.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

JERRY GOES TO A KNICKS GAME AND AS A RESULT HE IS IN THE BACKGROUND OF A BASKETBALL CARD
This is a pretty awesome setup and reminds me of the (true) story about Larry David inadvertently clearing a guy for murder when he was visible in a crowd shot at a baseball game on Curb Your Enthusiasm which proved his alibi.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Last night I performed a pre-emptive breakup. Worked perfectly, gained Hand. Thank you, Larry David.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

She gave me the "We need to talk" routine, so I went for the P-E-B and it worked, even though it turned out she wanted to talk about something else entirely. But while before I had very little Hand, now I have absolute Hand and things are great.

Thankfully she's not really into Seinfeld, otherwise the jig might be up.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

It was like. A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig. APPLE PIE.

I've never tasted babka or a black and white cookie. :smith:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

joedevola posted:

I cannot get my head around this shot from The Parking Garage. It looks like something H.P. Lovecraft would write.

They used a lot of mirrors on that set to make the place look bigger. They're pretty obvious in a lot of shots, particularly that one. The whole episode was filmed on a set and not one bit of it was in an actual parking garage, which is pretty impressive for a regular sitcom.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Electromax posted:

Let me tell you something. When Ponce looked in that mirror and saw that he hadn't changed, and that tear started to roll down his cheek... I lost it.
The old man got to me!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

T. Couchfucker posted:

Susie didn't commit suicide! She was murdered, by Jerry Seinfeld!
Not only that, I broke his thumbs. :smug:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I gotta be close to home base in case I... Uh, poo poo.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Larry David is now on Twitter. @LarryDavid4

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Kull the Conqueror posted:

'71, that was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abbie Hoffman telling everybody to steal books...
"While you're thinking about that, think about this" is my favorite line from that episode. Philip Baker Hall's delivery is solid gold.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just reminding everyone to follow @SeinfeldStories on Twitter.

@SeinfeldStories posted:

Jerry sees Franz Kafka's obituary in the paper. George is executed for a crime he didn't commit. Kramer awakes transformed into a giant bug.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My frequent use of "That's a shame." has already caused me to appear pretty callous about some really serious things. Not gonna stop using it though because it's hilarious.

E: Still waiting for that frantic phone call to use "Who is this?"

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Another great one is Jerry's Kramer-esque "Oh, I'm stressed!" from The Chicken Roaster complete with the wild hand gesture.

Gyshall posted:

I enter rooms like Cosmo.

This is relevant. And strangely hypnotic.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I just realized no one's mentioned Puddy's "Yeah, that's right." yet. For shame.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seinfeld's new "show", Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee premieres July 19th. Ricky Gervais (obviously) and Larry David have been confirmed as guests, so more Jerry/Larry banter coming soon! :woop:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

myron cope posted:

Is that...is that all it is? Just them driving and laughing? Is it an internet thing? I don't understand at all :confused:
That's a promo. The show will just be two comedians, one of them Seinfeld, driving around, drinking coffee and all the while talking about comedy. Or so I've gathered.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

A new promo for Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. Michael Richards confirmed!

E: A longer promo. This seems really good, like a more chilled out Talking Funny. Also Larry David spittake. :v:

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 12, 2012

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Macaluso posted:

So is this show all improv or is it scripted but looks imrovd? (improv'd? improved? gently caress it)
I'm pretty sure it's just a chat show. A chat and comedy and diner and car show.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

potee posted:

They also had Elaine in clothes a size too big to make her look frumpy and unattractive, the reasoning being they didn't want the audience to have sympathy for Elaine (who is arguably the "worst" of the bunch) simply because she was good-looking.
You're soooooo good-looking!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The overall tone was pretty weird and dark for Seinfeld (as it tends to be with Larry Charles episodes) but both episodes did have their moments. Tuck or no tuck? George and Jerry in the cop car, Clint Howard and some great Kramer gags. I really dislike the resolution though with Kramer deciding to stay in LA and then he's suddenly back! And the interrogation scene could've been funny but turned out oddly disturbing instead.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The first episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is now available. Posting this here because the first "guest" is Larry David, and this is literally Jerry and George driving around for a while and then getting coffee.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

complicated shoes posted:

What's the episode where Elaine asks a stranger on the street a question (something about what he's eating or something) and the guy answers him, she repeats his answer, and he says something really assholish, like, "What did I just say?" and then scoffs and walks away?
The Muffin Tops.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it was brilliant and I could watch a full series of just the two of them shooting the poo poo, but 10 minutes was barely a taste.

I absolutely lost it at the bit about chickens "on the range".
The cigar/cigarette thing was so good too. You don't enjoy a cigarette, but you do enjoy a cigar. A cigar is more of an indulgence and by definition it means you're in a relaxed state and have time on your hands, thus are more willing and able to give sage advice.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Sooo... it's just empty calories and male curiosity, eeeehhhh Georgiee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Let's see what I got today. Ham and cheese again. And she forgot the fancy mustard. I love that fancy mustard. You could put that fancy mustard on a shoe and it would taste pretty good to me.