Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I just watched The Rye and realized that Jerry robbing that old woman for her marble rye is one of the funniest moments in the entire series. He just literally robs her, and screams "shut up you old bag!". Then as he's running away you can see him kind of smirking, which was probably just jerry the actor not being able to keep a straight face, but it also completely makes sense that his character would be too as if to say "holy poo poo I actually just did that??".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
*George and Jerry watching TV on the couch*

*anonymous scream*

Jerry to George: "..It's gotta have something to do with Kramer".

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Stare-Out posted:

According to the "Inside Looks" on the Seinfeld DVD's, that's one of three Buddy Rich lines in the show, lifted from bootleg tapes of Rich's rants that Seinfeld and David are fans of. The other two are "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." from "The Understudy" and "Then we'll see how he does, up there, without all the assistance." from "The Butter Shave" I think.

I'm honestly disappointed to hear "This guy... this is not my kind of guy." is a Buddy Rich quote. I mean I love Buddy Rich, but I always thought it was some awesome moment of Jerry Stiller weirdly screwing up the line in a way that was unexpectedly more funny, and they decided to use it. Oh well....

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

E the Shaggy posted:

"Don't you find it odd that your package was damaged in shipping when many packages rarely are?"
"Define rarely."
".....frequently."

"Pretty hot under these lights, eh Seinfeld? Pretty... HOT??!"
"...Actually I'm quite comfortable"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"Mr. Varnsen, if you like the apartment, I should tell you I've also had some interest from a wealthy industrialist."
"Not Pennypacker!!"
"You know him?"
"I wish I didn't. Brace yourself, madam, for an all-out bidding war. But this time, advantage Varnsen!"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Konec Hry posted:

Also the dramatic sequence with Georges father regarding his time as a cook in the Vietnam war. The dramatic music, the close up on his face. "In my mind, there's a war still going on..."

Haha that entire episode is just so good..

"It's a hot night.. the mind races.. You think about your knife.. The only friend, that hasn't betrayed you. The only friend, that won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I just realized the character of Susan's mother is amazing, especially when she's drunk.

"Look Henry I spilled wine on me!"

And a bonus Frank quote from a scene with her:

"Let me understand. You've got the hen, chicken and the rooster. The rooster, goes with the chicken. So who's. havin. sex. with. the hen?"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Atticus Finch posted:

What terrible quality, but:

Hahaha, I love how when George's mother walks in on that scene neither of them do anything to try to explain it to her. They're just kind of :downs: while she's trying to contemplate what she's witnessing.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Wasco Jr. posted:

Haha! When the camera cuts to the side view "OK LET'S STAY CLAM HERE! DON'T GET ALL CRAZY ON ME!" Awesome

Hahahah yeah that's awesome cause it's not totally clear who he's even talking to, he's just in this state of near-hysteria at all times.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Having just watched "The Secretary" for some reason I think it's really awesome how they use Uma Thurman as such a "focal" point of the episode, but she's not actually ever in it and you never even see her in body double form or anything.

Also it has:

"This.. is false... reflecting! And I think, the department of, ya know, whatever, would be very interested to know what's going on here! :nyd:"

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I just laughed for like three straight minutes at Elaine's "Lookit... it's not Suse, alright? It's Susie.. my name- is SU-SIE". Her angry\manic outbursts are always so good. The whole concept of that episode is one of the best examples of the late season surreal humor.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
So he's...

*nods* poor..

...I think this will burn!! :dance:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hahaha, The Van Buren Boys is so good. I love the whole Jerry plot with his girlfriend (Christine Taylor) and how she's just inexplicably a "loser" and all of his friends instantly recognize her as such. Meanwhile to Jerry and the audience there's absolutely nothing wrong. And then I think about it, and I really do know people like her.

It also has my favorite George quote of all time: "Finishing an entire book doesn't prove anything."

Relayer fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 24, 2010

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
So you're having sex then all of a sudden you just blurt out: "I'm giving you a raise"??

Yeah..

Just a quick sidebar here... are you in any way authorized to give raises?

Not that I'm aware of..

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

seregrail7 posted:

One of my favourite Kramer scenes is him telling Brad to leave and closing the door, then opening it a second later and saying "What you're still here?".

And after they decide to restart Kramerica, they go into Kramer's apartment and close the door and immediately come back out to see what Jerry has to eat.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I think the ginger ale at the coffee shop is just Coke and Sprite mixed together.. how can I prove it? ...agghh, can't, damnit.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hands off Jimmy! DON'T. TOUCH. JIMMY!!

One of the best "oh hey the main characters play basketball or some other thing you never see them do again" episodes.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Jingleheimer posted:

I always liked this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaMzsNKR7Q

Bahahahah, I forgot about that.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Hahahah, from The Muffin Tops:

*Jerry consulting Kramer after having shaved his chest*

Kramer: Now you listen to me, you don't tell anybody about this- no one! You hear me??

Jerry: Mmm-hmm

*George enters*

Kramer to George, instantly: Hey, Jerry shaved his chest!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Bernie is dead, you morons! Just because he's wearing sunglasses he looks alive?? Ughhh..

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Yeah, I really don't think he was seriously that mad, he was smiling throughout the whole thing. I also get the impression that he's known Larry King for a long time but that's just a hunch.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Lookin' for somethin lady? The bank?? It burned! It's GONE!

...Now what you wanna do is go down to forty-ninth street, that's the main customer service branch. Ask for Mr.Fleming, he'll help you! :)

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
George's heat of the moment excuses are the best.

"I told her I was out of soda, I went out to get some and I never went back."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Commie, Commie, traitor to our country!!

-A 10 year old

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
What are you doing to this woman?? First you ruin her relationship with the high-talker.. so she breaks up with him. Somehow picks up the pieces of her life, miraculously meets a new guy.. you bust that up. And then, just as they're reconciling, you announce to the world: he's boring.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Kramer: Little Jerry won his cockfight

George: What?

Kramer: Who??

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"What about your cousin Henny?"
"Don't you talk about Henny!!"

"Frank, if aunt Baby were alive today, how old would she be?"
"She'd never make it.."

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Cage posted:

oww! oww! it says twist off twist off! TWIST OFFFF!

I can't believe I keep forgetting this when remembering awesome seinfeld moments. It's so inconsequential to the plot of the episode.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Mentally, we couldn't quite make the connection. It's too bad cause you gotta have the affection, which you obviously have. I think it's great that you're so open with your affection in public. But anyway, I'll seeya.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV16ECAAACM#t=2m48s

Also: "Let's bury the hatchet, we smokum peace pipe! :haw: "

Relayer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 20, 2010

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
"13 in the side... giddyup"

"6 in the corner.. this table's mine..."

*biting cigar* "You know where it's goin'."

EDIT: It's 13.. but yeah uh that was a funny quote from seinfeld until I ruined it.

Relayer fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 21, 2010

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I mean they did get away with a lot as far as sex goes for a 90's sitcom. There are multiple cunnilingus references throughout the series which just seems really heavy to me for some reason. Plus, off the top of my head, masturbation contest (involving a female contestant), "I've got hand" -- "And you're gonna need it to jerk off with", Elaine propositioning Jerry just to "clear her head" and then considering Kramer when Jerry refuses.. which now that I mention it is a really funny scene. "Spongeworthy".. the list goes on.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Yeah they were definitely good at it. Oh and just cause I happen to be watching The Chicken Roaster:

"So what's this job of yours?"

"Big investment firm, we just got the citibank account. In fact today was our first big meeting with them."

"The meeting you blew off?"

"Yeah :) "

"Isn't that kind of important?"

"...yeah. :( "

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Haha I know, I hoped somebody would notice.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
George: "She is really cool, whadda you think, you think she likes me?"

Jerry: "I should have gotten the eggwhite omelette.."

George: "Eh, why would she like me, who am I? There's a million people to like..."

Jerry: "The omelette... drat.."

EDIT: Hahahah, I'm watching "The Soup" and I love how for some reason Bania isn't bothered at all by the fact that Jerry is completely miserable having dinner with him, just as long as he gets what he deems to be a "meal".

Relayer fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Aug 25, 2010

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Your father wanted a Mercedes, but I won't ride in a German car.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Estelle's got the jimmy arms

You can get that in your arms?

Like you wouldnt- bleev!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I think I'm falling for you Jerry Seinfeld..

I think I'm falling for you... Joseph Puglia