Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

the one where Kramer and Jerry end up stuck in traffic in a beer truck.

I want to say that's an episode of the Drew Carey show...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

HateTheInternet posted:

As a diehard fan of the show I never really thought that "classic" episodes such as The Contest or The Soup Nazi were necessarily better or funnier than episodes that fly under that radar, such as The Beard or The Chinese Woman. Just that they had far more memorable subject matter.

Looking at it from the perspective of a casual viewer or someone unfamiliar with the show, I'd say that Seinfeld is a slow and gradual incline in quality over its entire run. You won't be able to tell from one episode to the next, per se, but there's an obvious difference between S1 and S5, and an obvious difference between S5 and S9. Nothing stands out as offensively bad (depending on who you talk to), and even "mediocre" episodes have some aspect about them considered classic and fondly remembered.

Again, as a diehard fan, it's all Seinfeld, man :cool:

I bet if they went back and filmed the older episodes with modern clothes/hair, they'd be funnier.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

octothorpopus posted:

As soon as I get my debit card and my new bank account set up, it's mine.

Edit: "The collector's edition of Seinfeld Monopoly is a must-have for enthusiasts of the popular 'show about nothing.' While the basic rules of the classic game remain unchanged in this edition, everything from the game tokens to the title deeds features a clever Seinfeld reference. Buy a deed to Pendant Publishing, then draw a 'Yada yada yada' card and see if you've been deemed 'sponge-worthy.' For players eight years and older, this is a chance to be both a real-estate mogul and a Seinfeld trivia whiz."

I just gave myself a charlie horse from this knee-slapper.

I like how it goes right from "sponge-worthy" to being appropriate for eight year olds.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

penis sandwich posted:

Is he the best? The BEST?

There's a sign for a bagel shop that I drive by sometimes that says "It's the Best Jerry the best!"

They're missing some punctuation in there and it drives me nuts.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Chicken Boo posted:

Don't you see? He was doing it to fool Lloyd Braun!

The lady on the horse stole my money!

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

tk posted:

It's still Monday morning, and I may be a little tired, but I'm having trouble thinking of a situation in which George is wrong about something.

Maybe the plan to make the roommate switch. No way that would work.

He probably should have left the marble rye thing to rest with a simple "Oy, my parents... :rolleyes:"

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

potee posted:

I thought you were watching a video!

Yeah, an instructional video about how to make sausages!

(for the full effect put this on: http://youtu.be/s-R3GTzZU14?t=20s)

And then I did this: http://sausageseinfeld.ytmnd.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

WoG posted:

You got a greeting, starts with an 'H'. How's twenty bucks sound?

Stephen Root's solution to that problem was the most sensible and reasonable outcome in the show's history.