Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Not to mention the Blacks and the Jews.

I can't get over how well Debra Messing delivers that or how hard that punchline hits (For multiple storylines!) That's one of the best endings to a Seinfeld episode, or any sitcom, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cage posted:

JERRY: You sure have a lot of friends. How come I never see any of these people?
KRAMER: They want to know why they never see you.

Jerry: You know my friend Bob Sacamano?
Elaine: I thought he was Kramer's friend.
Jerry: Well, he called last night about 3 A.M., we got to talking. He sells Russian hats down at Battery Park. Forty bucks!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

thepokey posted:

Poor old Walt has a polyp in the duodenum!

Benign, but ohhhh, still a bastard.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kevyn posted:

Boy, you really went bald there.

THAT'S WHAT THEY TELL ME!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

But it's supposed to be a PHOTOGRAPH!! :supaburn:

I look like a "Peanuts" character!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

thepokey posted:

Well, I got gonorrhea!

That seems about right.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Riptor posted:

You speak Burmese?

You most likely know it as Myanmar.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sash! posted:

I'm almost at Costanza levels of anger that Seinfeld isn't on Netflix.

GAMMY'S GETTIN' UPSET!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Ehud posted:

...and the Jews steal our money through their Zionist occupied government and use the black man to bring drugs into our oppressed white minority communities.

You're not going to open with that, are you?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jojoinnit posted:

Is there a problem, Mailperson Newman?

Just remember, when you control the mail, you control... information.

You said it would be a mailman I know, and you're a mailman I know!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mojo1701a posted:

WHO'S THIS... JOE MAYO?!

I never heard of this "Joe Mayo"...and frankly, it sounds made up.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've changed my mind, I've decided to build a rollercoaster instead.

Mmmm...Machu Picchu!

Without those desiccants, those clothes will be noticeably musty in five years!

Mr. Vandelay, if you're here...and Mr. Pennypacker, if you're here...then who is watching the factory?

The Saab factory?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

One thing that's always confused me about that scene...who the Hell is ordering an entire roast turkey at a diner?!

:ssh: So when I saw George on the street with an 18 pound turkey and a giant box of wine, I thought, "What a coincidence! We're just about to eat!"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

More heavy gravy?

What's that stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WouldDesk posted:

The jerk store called.

So what? You're their biggest seller!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Coffee And Pie posted:

So, I was flipping through my English textbook today, and I discovered a chapter about Seinfeld, all about it, including a transcript of The Pitch, which is followed by critical thinking questions, like "Discuss Kramer's assertion that people "want to watch freaks." Do you think this line could be used to sum up accurately audience responses to Seinfeld?"

That's freaking awesome.

I wouldn't say that "people want to watch freaks" explains the show's success, it would be something closer to "People want to watch themselves." Watching Seinfeld isn't like gawking and laughing at the members of a carnival sideshow, rather, it is like watching one's own reflection contorted in a funhouse mirror. Seinfeld amplifies the kinds of personality traits and behaviors that humans come across in their own day-to-day lives for comic effect. Additionally, and most importantly, the show isn't afraid to have its protagonists act on the worst possible impulses of human emotion, the kind of behavior which the average viewer rejects in the course of their life due to the constructs of the society around them. By honing in on the minutiae of human behavior and raising them to absurd levels Seinfeld makes us laugh while plumbing deeper truths of social interaction, and through its pop culture examination of the darker side of the human persona manages to resonate on a more intimate level with the viewer.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

kolby posted:

Can anyone find me the clip where Elaine walks in with her comic of a Pig at a Complaint Department? Where Jerry and Kramer give their own ideas. I can't seem to find it on youtube.

"...My wife is a slut?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Locutus of Bald posted:

YOU CAN STUFF YOUR SORRIES IN A SACK, MISTER!

Where'd you get that one?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oolarg posted:

It's like a full body dry heave set to music...

Out of nowhere, there's this lone dancer who appears to be injured. So you cry...and then when you see the dancer, you cry again.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When someone tries to blow you up, not because of who you are but because of different reasons altogether!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jojoinnit posted:

Yessss George, because of society. :rolleyes:

GAMMY'S GETTIN' UPSET!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I just watched a VHS tape of the 1955 Israeli film 'Hill 24 Doesn't Answer'. After the film had finished there was about 15 seconds of some Israeli advert that was clearly a Seinfeld parody. So I tried to look it up - couldn't find it, but did find this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUU2qkmHXs

Their Newman is intensely disturbing.

Hey, you found Jimmy Kimmel's first television appearance!

Really, though, they did a pretty great job of capturing every character's voice...except Newman. The hell was that. Arafat as Steinbrenner was pretty drat spot-on as well, with the sitcom rambling.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Leyburn posted:

He's the Got No Green Lantern!

Guess that makes you Lois Loan :smug:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

JAMOOOL posted:

currently laughing so hard at the episode where Janeane Garofalo plays the female version of Jerry Seinfeld, and how Jerry falls in love with her before realizing that he absolutely hates her after she says something like "hey, what's the deal with brunch?"

Combined with the fact that she's ordering her third bowl of cereal for the day ("You had it for breakfast and lunch!")

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
There's two really cute girls sitting at the counter eating grilled cheese! Cheese, George! Cheese!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jojoinnit posted:

Boy, you really went bald there.

THAT'S WHAT THEY TELL ME!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Whoa, whoa...tractor story? Back up the truck...*beep* *beep* *beep*

"Beep, beep, beep?" What are you doing?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kevyn posted:

His mother was a mudder?

What did I just say?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WouldDesk posted:

:ssh: I know this sounds crazy, but the two men behind me are going to give me $50 if I eat one of your egg rolls.

For fifty bucks? I'd put my face in the soup and blow.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Midnight Sun posted:

I sound funny?

Yeah I better go to the doctor bye.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Edit: Make sure to not only click on each number, one for each burger, but click on "the cheese" area for each burger to hear him talk about the type of cheese used in said burger...:allears:

"Camembert. I named my first-born child after a slice of Camembert. His name's 'Camembert.'

CAMEMBERT!"

So odd that out of all the Seinfeld alumni, the guy who played a recurring minor character that could best be described as "Low key" is now arguably the most high profile. He's a lead on Rules of Engagement, does voice work all over the place including a supporting role on one of television's biggest shows, spokesman for multiple products and companies...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

jojoinnit posted:

Get rid of Susie! Make her disappear! Kaput! Hahahahaha

Not only that, I broke his thumbs. :smug:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DrBouvenstein posted:

The Lopper has moved to L.A.!!

"Headzo," "The Denogginizer"..."Son of Dad," that one's mine - it's sort of a catch-all.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

myron_cope posted:

Not a good look for George

I'd go ahead and say that from its beginning until whenever Elaine started wearing her hair down, "Not a good look for _____" could be applicable for anybody on the show. Seinfeld's humor and characters still hold up, but not that early 90's wardrobe.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
When the patient is difficult, you quone them.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Riptor posted:

Here's to feeling good all the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY5OSDxwOEo

I ssssuck 'em down like Coca-Cola.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I had a piece of whitefish at Barney Greengrass the other day...

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The Jimmy was on TBS last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRJkdjmBcM

One of the best segments they ever did, and still able to get a big laugh from me no matter how many times I see it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

haljordan posted:

What kind of company would hire NEWMAN to conduct highly complicated and dangerous espionage (that requires a lot of fast movement)?

DODGSON! WE GOT DODGSON HERE!

Seasons 8 and 9 are practically from a different show, but they were still the best thing on TV at the time. The jokes played much broader, faster and looser yet still maintained the characters and relationships the audience recognized - it was almost a live-action Simpsons, and I don't mean that in a negative way. Perhaps I'm biased because those were the seasons I was watching live, but many of those episodes are among my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Am I the only one who thinks/worried It's Always Sunny may end a similar way?

There was an interview with Rob McElhenney promoting the most recent season where he addressed where the show will likely end up.

quote:

AV Club: One or more of them will probably end up dead at some point?

Rob: Well, I mean, you know. I don’t want to confirm or deny, but I don’t see how this world could possibly end well for them.

So yes, it sounds like it will end up mirroring Seinfeld's finale - those selfish jerks finally get their comeuppance - just in a more definitive and nihilistic way.