Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
On the first page someone mentioned the finale. It's not my favorite episode and I had some problems with it, however, it was a very forward thinking way to end the show.

Most sitcoms end (if they get a finale) with a major character leaving or moving on in some way. I'm thinking of finales for Family Ties, Friends, and Frasier. I'm sure you can think of others. In a totally non sitcom way, Seinfeld ends with every bad thing they've done coming back to bite them in the rear end. They're paying for their sins, but even at that point, they don't learn their lesson. When we see them in the jail cell, they are still the same people we've observed for all those years. Even though that's the case, plot threads are sort of resolved by these people coming back to testify and get some sort of payback.

Endings of that sort are typically found in most dramas we've all seen. Questions and events from the very first episode are often resolved in the final one. Plot threads are resolved and everyone pays for what they may have done.

That's a lot of words about a sitcom, but it's something I find interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Watch the first minute and a half for the best Kramer moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89Ob_QmJu2o

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Undersold posted:

Who doesn't! Elaine is the ultimate girl. She's cute, smart and can hang with the guys.

If only she could dance.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Doesn't Atlanta have a large homeless population?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

got dat wmd posted:

I bought the complete series about a month ago and have been going through it with the Notes About Nothing on since I've seen every episode at least a hundred times when it was on and in syndication. The amount of effort they put into the trivia track is amazing. You also learn a lot of useless trivia about nothing from it as well (like verbose details on the origin of cereal and a TRAGIC play by play of Game Six :()!

I never really think about buying TV box sets, but that Notes thing is making me seriously considering buying Seinfeld.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Atticus Finch posted:

George's dad is the only character ever where you can type his lines IN ALL CAPS and you hear it in his voice exactly. Gotta love Jerry Stiller.

SERENITY NOW!!! SERENITY NOW!!!!!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

LesterGroans posted:

The Slicer's another great one:

You have no idea how often I wish I had a meat slicer. It would make so many things easier.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tiny Fistpump posted:

No. Don't do that. Thanks.

You just don't want anyone copying your moves.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

pleasantlyplump posted:

this is terrible

It was pretty bad, but the content joke at the end was funny.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Has anyone heard Seinfeld's recent stand-up act? He's going to be in town during April and I'm wondering if it's worth going to see.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Anyone one know where I can get a Willard?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Jerry is now on Twitter

http://twitter.com/!/SeinTime

Is he actually Tweeting or is it a PR person?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

fenix down posted:

Only up for another couple of hours, but interesting cameo in the video "Comedy X-Ray Specs" at http://jerryseinfeld.com/

Oh wow. Joel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Joel Rifkin

I just watched this episode today in my re-watch.

There's a scene where Elaine is going through a football magazine suggesting new names for him. One of the names she suggests: OJ.