Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

You think Newman or Puddy could help Japanese tourists spend their yens on such an incredible trip around New York? Or show a lonely librarian some love?
Newman could certainly do the latter; he already demonstrated when he Cyrano'd Kramer that he's got he poetic chops to pick up a bookish gal. With a few details changed, George wouldn't be a bad fit for the former scheme.

Alternatively, both of those could be cut. If you interpret it to mean 'all ____'s stories are eliminated', losing Kramer hurts the show the least.

(This isn't to say I don't love the character, and in fact, I think he's the one who'd most alter the show if it was, 'who would you recast?')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

haljordan posted:

Maybe he borrowed the money from Kip or Ned or whatever that guy's name was.
Moe, Sol, or Lem is not gonna get away with this!

jojoinnit posted:

So to ask the question somebody brought up last night: How did George do the whole twix setup if he didn't have any money?
My assumption is that he wasn't broke at all, just cheap. The guy who keeps a dollar because, "it's wrinkled; it's worthless," would never break his own five when he can borrow a buck instead.

Resorting to seinfeldscripts to see the actual wording...
GEORGE: (To Jerry) Hey, gimme a dollar.
JERRY: (Getting a dollar out) Where’s your money?
GEORGE: (Talking it) I’m here helpin’ you.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

OnlyJuanMon posted:

:siren: IT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT :siren:

Saw an episode of Seinfeld I've never ever ever ever seen. It was glorious.

Elaine had to keep promoting a PTS ex army guy through her copywriters, and Frank went back to being a cook.

Honestly, it was a weak episode, but I was just amazed there was an episode I hadn't seen.
Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted, chambray nightshirts.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
OK, I'm telling you right now that if you're kidding around here, I'm not going to be able to be friends with you anymore.
If this is a lie, if this is a joke, if this is your idea of some cute little game, we're finished!

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Chicolini posted:

You're concerned that he isn't concerned that you're going to hell. And you feel that she's too bossy.

Arby's no more than once a month, and in exchange, Elaine comes to your softball games and doesn't read a book.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
E: He was with someone. A man ...... in a cape.
G: Why was he wearing a cape?
Was my father wearing a cape?

The time he spends processing this information is amazing.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Diabolik900 posted:

It's amazing how few episodes some of these characters were actually in. I can't believe that Jerry and George's parents were each in less than thirty episodes.

Puddy's count (11) is what most surprised me. I guess having seen every episode dozens of times plays tricks on the memory.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Poque posted:

While looking up the title of The Ex-Girlfriend, I learned about some unfilmed episode called The Bet that was cut because it was too dark: The Bet. It's pretty ridiculous. :stare:

Hah -- "...and Ernie Sabella was cast as gun salesman Mo Korn"

you need a gun, you ask the naked subway guy.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Macaluso posted:

So is this show all improv or is it scripted but looks imrovd? (improv'd? improved? gently caress it)

I think you have to give up the abbrev'n and go with improvised.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

He is described as armed and dangerous and reportedly a very generous tipper.

I actually like the LA episodes. Its interesting to see the characters outside of the usual sets and comfort zones, and the whole Keys plotline cracks me up, what with Kramers treatment and telling the story in the back of the van.

Word. I won't debate their being out of tone for the series, but I love them. The Stranded and The Dog (at least, the half with the dog) are the only bad eps.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

safety dan posted:

Also, was George not 100% in the right with the Big Salad? I guess Julie didn't mean to take the credit for the salad but as soon as she found out that George had set things straight she attacks him about it, and then when he (justly) defends himself she plays down the whole thing by saying it was "just a salad". That's just not right.

His complaint isn't illegitimate, but his pointing it out to Elaine violates every concept of tact and social grace, so yeah, he's wrong in the sense of being cheap and petty about it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

david puddy posted:

Newman plays tennis?

He's fantastic.

"Where did you learn to climb trees like that?!?"
"The Pacific Northwest"

For what could have been a one-dimensional loathsome creep, I love all the random positive attributes they squeezed into Newman.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Kevyn posted:

You know that Jayne Mansfield had some big breasts!

You want to know if your grandmother was bosomy?!?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

complicated shoes posted:

I'm watching Twin Peaks and every time I see Mr. and Mrs. Ross on screen – either together or separately – just blows my mind, for some reason.

Word, same here. I'm midway through S2, having never seen it before, so no more Twin Peaks talk.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
You got a greeting, starts with an 'H'. How's twenty bucks sound?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Leovinus posted:

You know about the cup sizes and all? They have different cups.

...you got the "A"... "B"... the "C"... the "D". That's the biggest.

Two cups in the front, two loops in the back. How do they do it?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
No, I mentioned the bisque.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Calliper posted:

Need help with a trivia question my friend asked me

"Name 15 times Kramer has had a REAL job"

He later went on to say meaning he had a boss. I can only come up with 11.

Maybe it should be either/or. You could argue that in, "but I don't even really work here," he had a boss with no job, whereas, eg, the Peterman Reality Tour was a job with no boss.

Now list the 11, already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

User-Friendly posted:

As many of you guys probably know, Jerry has been doing a webseries recently called "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" where he drives around with a random comedian every week (the Larry David episode was a while back, and it was great). This week was the finale, where he hosted Michael Richards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wriy3ICfF9U

Thanks, a dozen posts ago.