Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arturo Ui posted:

In the best episode, it's not just a few lines but every single line in the drat show makes me laugh or at least smile, and most of them aren't even jokes. Just the way they talk matches my sense of humor so perfectly.

I really love character-based humor like that as well, which is also a great strength of Futurama. Even if the episode itself isn't revolving around any particularly funny gag or plot, just watching these goofy characters be themselves is entertaining enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tiny Fistpump posted:

My favorites rare moments are when Elaine physically threatens George

Also when George gets comeuppance on Elaine. I can only recall this happening explicitly once, when Elaine becomes George and George becomes successful, but it had to happen some other time?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Notsosubtle posted:

FRANK: Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it! You, Kruger. My son tells me your company stinks!

GEORGE: Oh, God.

I do believe this is the most miserable, hopeless delivery of "oh, god" ever put to television.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

safety dan posted:

One time I was riding in an elevator and a girl came in. Of course I had to say that I was the guy who made those crop circles in England. She had no idea what I was talking about and got off like three floors later. I did not get her number.

Another time I asked a girl at a Starbucks I had gone into a lot (just to see her) if she dated immature men. She said no.

Seinfeld lines do not work in real life, at least they haven't so far. :(

"Hello, my name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

;-*

If only :sigh:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Try reading Sein Language. The show was a collaborative effort. Take out some of the players and writers and it would suck hard.

I'm reading SeinLanguage right now, currently at a rate of about one laugh per ten pages. After watching the show for so long (mostly the seasons after they dropped his standup bookends) I forgot what Seinfeld's pure comedy was like, and as it turns out the "what's the deal with airline peanuts?" gag is spot-on.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

So how many of you did your own contest with your friends? I won mine :smug:

(but I cheated)

There was an SA Contest a few years ago. It was horrible.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

You know I like that honey mustard.
You could put it on a shoe and it would taste pretty good to me.

What the hell does that mean?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pooned posted:

Oh a new page. Here have some more Kramer!

My barber has a framed print of this on his wall. As in, this entire image, with frame, is printed and itself placed in a normal frame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Poque posted:

I love that "Eric" the clown was played by Jon Favreau. When I saw that on his imdb page my head nearly exploded :aaaaa:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I've been watching Seinfeld continuously for nearly 20 years and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it.