Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
My favorite comedic show of all time. I think I love every single episode except for a few (the first two episodes, the finale, and The Stranded w/ Michael Chiklis). Aside from that the quality is so drat consistent. In the best episode, it's not just a few lines but every single line in the drat show makes me laugh or at least smile, and most of them aren't even jokes. Just the way they talk matches my sense of humor so perfectly. I just know that when I'm on my death bed, I'll be dragging in these DVDs (or futuristic format of your choice) like Shaq in CYE and watching them all until I drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

haljordan posted:

I always loved this show just because of how Jerry and the gang straight up laughed in each other's faces when a personal tragedy/loss occurred. Its like there was zero compassion at all amongst the four of them. Glorious.

Which came to a climax when Susan died. Elaine's "I'm so...sorry?" is hilarious as is Kramer meta-pondering the strangeness of Susan's death ("Well that's weird...")

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

GEORGE: Ah you have no idea of the magnitude of this thing. If she is allowed to infiltrate this world, then George Costanza as you know him, Ceases to Exist! You see, right now, I have Relationship George, but there is also Independent George. That's the George you know, the George you grew up with -- Movie George, Coffee shop George, Liar George, Bawdy George.

JERRY: I, I love that George.

GEORGE: Me Too! And he's Dying Jerry! If Relationship George walks through this door, he will Kill Independent George! A George, divided against itself, Cannot Stand!

(Elaine enters)

GEORGE: You're Killing Independent George! You know that, don't you?

This is possibly my favorite scene ever. The worlds collide theory is the best theory ever.

That was awesome but I love the other scene from this episode even better...when George walks into Monk's and Jerry, Elaine, Kramer and Susan are sitting in the booth.

"1...2...3....4. Ha-ho! ::walks out::"

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

AKA Driver posted:

This episode fires on all cylinders for me. Kramer driving past E, Jerry dealing with Elaine and Puddy (Hey, Koko. That monkey's alright. High Five,), and the candy lineup.

My favorite quote from that episode is "And you! How many Twix does that make for you, today?! Like, 8 Twix?!" and the mechanic's mouthful of "Noooo."

Yeah a lot of people dont like this one because it's probably among the most unrealistic and zany of all the episodes, but it's all loving gold.

Puddy taking Elaine to "a restaurant..."
Puddy adding insane charges to Jerry's car; "Finders fee? It was on the lot." "Yeah that's right." "Keys?" "How you gonna start it?"
The entire insane conversation about the 100 grand bar -- especially the line "They all have swirling chocolate in the commercials!" Crazy old man: Not skittles!

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

explosivo posted:

So, I honestly had no idea that
()
was Michael Chiklis.

Favorite actor cameos is a good topic for conversation. I think my favorite is Daniel Dae Kim as a medical student in the episode where Kramer & Mickey "act out" diseases.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Dan a man posted:

This thread has an unfortunate lack of Bania clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0qm0KUPeD8
Jerry's expressions as Bania reads the joke. :lol:

Don't have a clip, but my favorite Bania exchange:

Bania: You work out with weights?
Jerry: No, I don't.
Bania: You should
Jerry: Why?

Then Bania gives this sort of "what am i doing with my life?" look for one brief second and then returns to his cheery self and continues with the conversation.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

safety dan posted:

My favorite George moment is the end of "The Fatigues" when he delivers the Ovaltine bit to the Yankees. That pause after the word "Ovaltine" was the best part of it all. It was like four or five solid seconds. I can't find any of this on youtube though.

I love when he meekly flips to one of the back pages, in the vain hope that it's just the first page that's been switched.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Human Tornada posted:

Yeah, I think it was the episode with the other guy who played Jerry's dad.

George: "Art Core............ velay"

And the first fake name was "Bert Harbinson" but they thought it sounded made up.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
The guy that plays Kruger reminds me a lot of JK Simmons. I think they have the same voice.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

DrBouvenstein posted:

*Do do do do DO do *

Believe it or not,
George isn't at home.
Please leave a message,
At the beep.
I must be out,
or I'd pick up the phone.
Where could I be?
Believe it or not,
I'm not home!

I've tried to hard to make this my answering machine (voicemail) message, but:

1) I do sometimes get professional calls on my cell phone

2) I don't know where to find a good instrumental "Greatest American Hero" theme to sing over.

My friend did this by singing over just the "George" part of the Seinfeld version with his own name. It was pretty bad/funny.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
He's like some kind of Sven-jolly.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Gyshall posted:

He was also one of the ugliest dudes on the show. Right up there with Uncle Leo.

Amazingly he was only in his 50's on the show considering he looked half dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
Either the girl who gets anything she wants (Danette Tays, "The Calzone") or his model girlfriend (Berta Waagfjord, "The Diplomat's Club"), unfortunately two ladies who barely did any acting. I also like Julia Campbell ("The Frogger") and Christine Taylor ("Van Buren Boys").

Worst has to be the lady from the first episode. What an awful 80's mom haircut.