Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Seinfeld always struck me as an excellent example of comedy being best when it's created by a small team of people who have a vision in mind as opposed to comedy by committee that a lot of shows seem to have these days.

You can really tell that the writers had a lot of love for the show and that everything was crafted with a plan in mind rather than there being a random barrage of unconnected gags that are ultimately shallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zG_PN31YJU

Newman is the greatest.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Stare-Out posted:

This made me gasp for air from laughing so hard the first time I saw it. Michael Richards never breaks character, even when he injures himself.

That could have easily been in the actual show, it's something Kramer would have done.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It was pretty bad. We did get this out of it though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsTb_jmqb4

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The defining moment for George's character, to me, was when he made the decision to eat the eclair out of the trash can.

And the really hosed up thing? I can sort of see his logic. It's an eye opening moment in your life when you find yourself thinking like George Costanza.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Really? The bite mark isn't that big of a deal. Just think of it as bonding with your new family or something.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Elaine reminds me of every girlfriend I've ever had. Either they managed to create such a character that a lot of people find attractive/familiar or I just have a really subliminal thing for Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

I think it's a bit of both.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's also that brief scene in 30 Rock where Liz meets Seinfeld and has a mini breakdown and goes into the exact same high pitched voice.

Seinfeld was great in that entire episode aswell.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Hank Morgan posted:

There is an interview with Larry on one of the Seinfeld discs where he states that when writing he deliberately makes both sides of an argument on an issue of social etiquette seem right in their own way. The best example of this is the episode where George is fighting with Jerry's phoney friend over the parking space. George was in the right.

When George decided to eat the cream cake that was in the garbage I could really see his point and despite everything it's probably something I would do aswell.

I've had literal arguments with my friends over that issue. Seinfeld is good at doing that.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

explosivo posted:

So lemme get this straight: you find yourself in the kitchen. You see an eclair, in the receptacle. And you think to yourself, "What the hell, I'll just eat some trash."

It's over the rim and still in its doily. It's fair game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
They're clearly idiots and I'd be benefiting from their stupidity.

Plus we're in an environmental crisis now, man. Waste is worse than murder.