Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I think some of my favorite parts of Seinfeld are the incredibly subtle lines that it takes several viewings to really pick up on. The best example is Kramer's nonchalant response when they talk about his friend Seth:

"Oh yeah, your friend Seth dropped by."
"What did he have to say?"
(Quickly)"Oh he was fired."

I also find myself reflexively saying "Sweet fancy Moses!" quite a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Vertical Lime posted:

The most underrated part of an episode had to be where George is all taking about having "hand" in the relationship. I'm not happy it didn't catch on.
I'm with you on this one. "I've got so much hand I'm comin' out of my glove" too.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

HoveringCheesecake posted:

I just assumed everyone liked Seinfeld by default.

In my experience, people either completely hate Seinfeld or love it. The people who hate it claim it's not funny or don't like how the characters are all jerks.

Haters gonna hate :c00lbert:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

One of Kramer's best:

*eats 70 year-old hotdog* See? This is a perfectly sane food to eat... um, interesting texture... *looks sick*

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

penis sandwich posted:

One of my favorite scenes is when Puddy is just sitting in Elaine's apartment staring off into the middle distance, and the phone rings and it's Kramer.

"Puddy."
"Yeah, is David Puddy there?"
"This is Puddy."
"Well, this is Kramer."
"I know."

Possibly Patrick Warburton's finest lines, that and "They hit me with a truck." as Brock Samson.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Baaad! Stay away from the chicken! Mess you up!

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

post kramer gifs and the seinfeldest pics u got

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Will we need napkins in the year 2000, or is this 'mouth vacuum' thing for real?

kramanium snype

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Quite possibly the best Kramer line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3FVjcJug5s&feature=related

"Don't be ridiculous. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go fill my freezer with my own blood."

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Stuntman Mike posted:

I still don't fully understand the backwards episode. Then again, I haven't seen it in maybe 5+ years. Still.

It's a parody of a play, also called "The Betrayal", and has a similar plot. The DVD lets you play it forwards, too :v:

Also, loving the new title because it's a pretty obscure reference.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Klaus Kinski posted:

A big, juicy van.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Echoing the sentiment that Vegetable Lasagna is the best one-off character.

"That's my apple juice!"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

I miss Sid the car parker :smith:

"What do you mean 'who am I'? I know who I am. Do you know who *you* are?"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

HateTheInternet posted:

One of my favorite George outburts was when Susan's parents agree to go to the Hamptons with him.

"Speak now, or we are headed to the Hamptons. It's a two-hour drive.
Once you get in that car, we are going all the way... to the Hamptons...All
right, you wanna get nuts? COME ON! LET'S GET NUTS!"

This has to be one of George's best lines.

Also, Kramer: "It's like Sweden, Jerry. Sweeeeeeden."

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

KKKramer .gifs

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

"I know you're up there, laughing at me! Laughing! Laughing and lying and laughing!"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Leyburn posted:

Oh I'm looking right at you big daddy.

The little names Kramer and Jerry would call each other were pretty funny. I remember 'big daddy', 'Monjamba', and 'Dr. Cyclops', don't remember if there were any more.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Jerry: (Looking at diorama) When did you build this?
George: Took the day off work.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Supreme Allah posted:

I thought the stuff under the wedding cake piece were Twix but then I saw them behind George.. so what's under the cake

I just noticed the magic loogie flying towards Kramer :aaa:

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

If anyone can find it, someone needs to post up the parody of Seinfeld from the cartoon Histeria! because I remember it being amazing to be watching a cartoon as a kid and seeing a Seinfeld reference. Thanks to the sperglords at Wikipedia, I know which episode it is:

Wikipedia posted:

In "The American Revolution of Abe Lincoln," Abraham Lincoln spoofs the show Seinfeld called Abe-Feld with Allan Pinkerton as Cosmo Kramer, George B. McClellan as George Costanza, and Jefferson Davis as Newman.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Kramer: Should I get napkins, or is this whole 'mouth vacuum thing for real?
*awkward pause*
Jerry: So George...

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

BAAD! STAY AWAY FROM THE CHICKEN! MESS YOU UP!

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

"He looks like a Peanuts character!"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

bobservo posted:

I've been slowly watching and rewatching the entire series over the past couple of months, and while I still like seasons 8 and 9, I really feel like season 7 could have been the perfect one to go out on. Up until that point, the show was largely an exploration of somewhat-normal people trying to cope with the minor hassles of existence, often revealing the dark (but often practical) undercurrent of humanity in the process.

A good portion of season 7 focused on George, who spends an entire year suffering under the shadow of his upcoming wedding date. What's obviously funny about the issue is that he could break things off so easily; he obviously hates Susan, and spends every waking moment devising ways for HER to break things off. But calling off an engagement may be the trickiest social situation Seinfeld presents, and George can't find a way to do it effectively (see the multiple conversations about break-ups during the show) without losing face. To me, this is when the show reached its logical conclusion, with George's inability to deal with this situation causing the death of Susan.

If you view the show in this light, the last few seasons are kind of tragic. Jerry's career goes nowhere (and even hits new lows), and the rest of the characters practically circle the bowl until the inevitable finale. Seasons 8 and 9 kind of took the characters out of the traditional Seinfeldian "elephant in the room" social situations, and instead reveled in their amorality, which really contrasts with Larry David's general philosophy.

I hope this made sense because it's been bouncing around in my head for weeks now. The show really has a different impact when you watch it sequentially as opposed to random syndicated episodes.

I think its an interesting point. At the beginning of Season 7, they precipitate sort of an endgame where both Jerry and George decide to actually settle down and grow up, which does seem like an eventual end to the show. But, both of them show that neither of them can make that step and that they can't live any other existence than the petty, aimless ones they've lived throughout the show. It was their one chance to change as people and they just barely fell short. Seasons 8&9 represent their slow decline until they get what's coming to them in the end.

Karl Rove fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 3, 2010

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Jerry's exclamations are the best:

"Oh help me Rhonda!"
"Great day in the morning!"
"Oh Moses smell the roses!"

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

spe posted:

Should I watch from the beginning, is there a certain season where it gets its legs, or should I just jump in totally at random?

Season 4, definitely.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Starting.......now!

The best line in that episode was his annoyed, reflexive "...you need to shut up." at Sally Weaver, who I also saw in an episode of Law and Order SVU playing a ridiculous lesbian stereotype.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, George. I can barely see you.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I just love his simple and dead-sure-of-himself delivery, but I can't remember what is so stupid.

That and when his girlfriend gets him the big-brimmed Amish hat before they go to Pennsylvania-Dutch country:

"Yeah... why don't you put this in the car so that I don't accidentally toss it in that dumpster over there." and she just happily walks off camera like he didn't say anything.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

You know until recently I thought he was yelling "Surrender me now"

:( I thought this too when I first saw it, but in my defense I was like 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Chicolini posted:

Seinfelt is a weird drat Tumblr. I don't know how they do it so consistently.
Well, I know what I'm going to be reading for the next few hours.