Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I'd love it if someone gave me a blur 220i.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

HappyHelmet posted:

Yeah, I've only been riding for a few months, and I've almost ate it on a turns taking turns to tight. Especially when I for to op the kickstand up, whoops!

I thought most scooters had kill switches in them that kill the engine if you had the kickstand down, or bring it down while it is running.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I was up in the Wisconsin Dells this weekend. Nice to see a town that is scooter friendly :)

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Are you just looking at the 49 cc versions?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I installed a new spark plug in my Vino 125 last week. It is amazing how much better one of those iradium plugs work. It used to take me 15 seconds of cranking to get my vino started if I had not ridden it in the last 2 weeks, now its' about 2-3 seconds.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
2strokebuzz has a pretty depressing article about the state of the scooter industry. It isn't good.

http://2strokebuzz.com/2010/08/20/scooter-superstore-and-the-beginning-of-the-end

I guess unless gas prices go up, people want their cars too much.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

This is why everyone needs the MSF.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
So you say the MP3 doesn't have enough wheels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0ll26VmsWs]

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Seeing those sexy foreign scooters always makes me sad.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I'm digging the black and army greenish mini scooter.

Do you have to have an ipod to use it? Sorry officer, I left my ipod touch at home, I couldn't see how fast I was going.

TLG James fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 26, 2010

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Anyone think that if gas keeps going up we'll see another resurgence of scooters?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I was hoping for something sexy like the mini E-scooter.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Man what a weird spring.

I was able to ride for one day in February. It was like 65 for a freaky day.

Then I was able to ride yesterday. Almost spring...

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I have a vino 125 and if I have left it sitting for a week+, even with a battery tender, it struggles to startup. It can take 20+ seconds of trying to kick over to start. Anyone have any idea why?

I put in a new spark plug last fall.

I use 87 octane gas.

Any idea? The scooter is only a few years old and I change the oil once a year. It has always been like this since I got it though.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Anyone have a good recommendation for a tire pressure gauge? I'd love one that just screwed on or something with a tube.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Anyone see that Kymco has a 700 cc scooter coming out?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Someone is selling a MP3 500 near me for 4600 bucks with only like 500 miles. Should I???

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Yea Nebraska is really bad with scooter laws. It needs pedals, or it's a motorcycle.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
According to 2SB, all MP3s have been slashed for the year, with the exception of maybe the MP3 Yourban or whatever the gently caress that is going to be.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I get sad when I see 8 new scooter posts and they're all about a loving retard.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I like the looks of that MP3. Too bad the vespa dealer in my town pulled out last year. I think all we have left is a yamaha and a genuine place.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I'd kill for one of those blur 220s.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I'd say it looks like one of those "Smart Scooters" or the mini cooper scooter thing, but I don't think any of those are actually out.

Maybe one of these?

http://www.vectrix.com/products/vx-2/

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Astonishing Wang posted:

I zip-tied a milk crate onto the back of my elite and it stays pretty good with a 12 pack and a bag of groceries. I just make sure to keep most of the weight right on top of the rack where it's sturdiest.

I also found out that you cant pick up a starbucks on the way to work when you're scootin :(

Cup holder?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I was around Iowa City over the weekend and I was impressed with how many scooters were out and about. I probably saw more in an hour than I've seen in all of Omaha for the last 3 years.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2013/01/rsd-hyper-modified-yamaha-tmax.html

Why is this not for sale?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Any MP3 owners here?

Considering upgrading to something a little beefier, considering the Vino 125 struggles above 53 or so for me, and there are too many high ways in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I like the look of the scooter, but where is the storage at?

I like the look of that Yamaha 3 wheeler mp3 ripoff, but drat if 125 cc isn't too small. I have enough trouble with my 125 cc scooter if it's a super windy day above 45 mph. If they had a 250 cc one, I'd buy it in a second... Also a lot easier to find a yamaha dealer in the area than a Piaggio dealer.