Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

TLG James posted:

This is why everyone needs the MSF.

No way a MSF will remove idiots from the streets. What really makes me sad is that the missing helmet didn't work out in this case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

KozmoNaut posted:

e-scooters are even better.

Not really, considering how we produce energy today, and how effective it's transported and how effective it's stored in the vehicle.

That e-vehicles are green is a really persistent myth, but reality shows a 20-30% higher CO2 imprint compared to equally effective gasoline vehicles.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

KozmoNaut posted:

Either way, the more electric vehicles replace internal combustion vehicles, the more gas there'll be left for the rest of us :)

That's why I designed your new petcock lever to break in a week or two. I need a metric fuckton of gas for my new V6 ;)

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Pvt. Public posted:

Someone I work with has a Honda Metropolitan, and they have either lost or locked the key under the seat. The only local dealer wants a fistful of money to remove the ignition in order to have keys made.

How hard is it to remove the ignition from the scooter so that I can take it to a local locksmith if I source blanks? I know of a smith that can do the keys, they just don't stock blanks.

Check here for blanks: http://www.motorcyclekeys.com/ There are 4 alternative blanks that can be used. Ilco and JMA both makes blanks that fit. Any competent smith should be able to make a key without removing the lock.