Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I picked this thing

up for 81 bucks at a flea market. it's a Honda Lead NH 80 from 83 (known as honda Aero 80 in the US) it's pretty nice.

oh, and it also runs after two days of giving it a full service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

eviljelly posted:

gently caress you. I'm so jealous... ugh.

to alleviate any jealousness i'm gonna say that due to laws around here, it's probably illegal for my to actually drive the drat thing around, as it's bought in germany and i live in Denmark. Right now i am waiting on papers from the PO so i can go ask someone at the motor office about it.

it's a hoot to ride though, it gets my heavy rear end around at 65-70 km/h :)

Edit: when i went through the electrical system (to fix a faulty right blinker) i found a spare 12v lead. said lead was placed rather handily above the "glove" compartment next to the steering column, would it be insanity to mount a 12 outtake on it so i can charge my phone while i ride and do other neat stuff?

is what i want to mount, once i figure out the polarity on it, plus find a way to hook up the appropriate fuses!

Frobbe fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 9, 2010

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Fixed the last bits on the Honda Lead today (new bolts on the carb, the old thread had been stripped completely)

what really amazed me is how a 27 year old scooter has only done 3770 kilometers.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
aw man.

to anyone jealous of my neat scooter purchase, i've now had to sell it (although with a slight profit) due to laws here not making it eligible to be registered as an actual scooter, but instead it has to be titled as a motorcycle. i can't afford that :(

i'm flipping it for around 250 USD, but that's after i spent about a 100 fixing it up and making it road ready. oh well.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I live on the danish/german border, most likely far away from anyone in here interested in getting the scooter.

it's technically already sold, too. as a friend has offered to take it off my hands for 250 USD, but he'll have the money at the 1st.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Mathturbator posted:

I'm in Copenhagen, so not that far away. Though it will probably be hideously expensive to get to Zealand :)

for some reason i read that as new zealand, just write sjælland you doof.
srsly though, it fits nicely on any medium sized trailer, and it also runs, so you could be crazy and drive it yourself :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
the Mopeds! thread is locked for archiving, so you get pictures of my latest silly project here

It's the Sachs Madass 50cc moped/scooter, as knowers of Sachs will see, this one requires a lot of love. I've dedicated the weekend to just detailing the many ways stuff is broken on it. I believe someone's already thrown a kit on it, so part of the fun is finding out what exactly the, no doubt many, previous owners have done to it.