Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!
New thread! :toot:

We had the first big ride in Nashville today and of course it started raining on the way home.

drat I love my scooter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!
Having a 2 stroke, do I have to worry about the "up to 10% ethanol" gas and my oil mixing properly or is it just E85 that I should keep away from? I've had my Rattler for a little over a year and haven't had a problem except for the occasional backfire (which is cool as hell) but is there something I need to be doing to prevent future problems?

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!
I think the Ethanol actually loosens big clumps of corrosion which gently caress up your engine like a clot in an artery. It also dissolves the rubber parts inside the engine. I've heard that E83 will gently caress up a chainsaw so I assume the same is true with any 2 stroke.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

yaay posted:

nobody has any opinion on the Dragster as per my last post? It's a mostly euro scooter, but I thought you lot would love it. It's like an Elite that lost a load of weight. I'm strongly considering getting one, but I'm having to weigh against reliability and parts issues that it's going to entail (and the difficulty of getting rid of the zoomer)

I would go for that Sexy Italijet! No matter how practical 50cc may be for you now, you will eventually crave more speed. And as far as worrying about motorcycle licensing, it looks to be about the same size as my Ruckus and i have gotten out of a ticket because I told the cop that it was under 50cc. Really, unless the cop rides a scooter, they aren't going to know.

Ampersand-e fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Aug 3, 2010

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

Blaster of Justice posted:

No way a MSF will remove idiots from the streets. What really makes me sad is that the missing helmet didn't work out in this case.

Best Name-Post combo.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!
If they slap the 500cc MP3 body on that thing I would swim across the pond for that baby.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

its like lava posted:

What is the proper way to do a tuck on a scooter?
If you tuck how deep is your tuck?

I usually ride my scooter like a hog, all laid back.:c00lbert:

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

Adderholt posted:

Hey Gay Nudist Dad you seem pretty informed in the realm of all things stella. My local scooter shop is selling an 03 stella with 1736 miles for $1750. They also have an 05 with 2188 miles for $2200. Right now $400 is a lot of money for me and I'm wondering if it's worth the added cost for the 05 over the 03, what with the early stella's crank problems. Any thoughts?

Get the 03, lower miles and lower price.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

TylerC 2.0 posted:

Dead gator minus head

Grab that thing and make some boots!

You should get an ah-oooga horn for your Ruckus.

I had one on mine before it got stolen, looked like a cannon mounted on the front rack.

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!
I'd bet on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ampersand-e
Feb 25, 2007

Cinders and ashes bitch!
Yes Im fucking cross!

TylerC 2.0 posted:

Really though I want one so I can stop leaving my buddy in the dust :smug: :smug:

He will eventually invest twice as much as he payed for it to make it go a little faster.