Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

notZaar posted:

Well I finally did it, I put my scooter down. Thankfully it was at low speeds, I was taking a turn and some rear end in a top hat decided the best place to throw out his dirty soapy water was the drain in the middle of the street. Luckily I invested in a protective jacket literally the week before, so I'm okay. Just a couple of small scrapes.
"Crashed my scooter" + "Soapy water" = "I had to spray her down"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Darth Llama posted:

...and didn't feel comfortable riding it back the 70 miles to her house today.
This is something I will never understand.
Not being comfortable riding something 70 miles when you intend on riding it 700 or 7000 miles.

A) Wait until after your training course (or whatever) to pick it up.
B) Ride the 70 miles at a pace you're comfortable with, on a route you're comfortable with. Yes, it will take longer than if you just ask your friend Darth Llama to do it for you, but on the one hand, that's part of the adventure - and on the other, riding it for 2.5 hours at 35 MPH (with breaks) will give you the big chunk of seat time to *get* comfortable with your new purchase in a way that 15x 10 minute trips to the store never will.

Of course, you've got to keep in mind that I'm the guy that flew to DFW to pick up a bike that was definitely *not* in pristine condition (though it had been mechanically gone through pretty thoroughly) and rode it 700+ miles home 14 days after passing the MSF. I may not be the shiniest example to point to.

I like the Burgman line - especially the 650, which will apparently do close to 120 MPH. =)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 14, 2010