Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm really tempted by the Aventura-X, which is a Chinese built / American Assembled electric Vespa clone. It looks awesome and is way more affordable than the Vespa Elettrica (which I think Vespa may have also discontinued the 30mph models anyways). Is there any reason I should absolutely not buy this thing? I mainly want to use it for tooling around my neighborhood and short trips to the market and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
So by pure luck it turned out there was a used Vespa Elettrica only a few miles away from me for not much more than the Aventura-X cost, so I ended up going with that! It’s a blast so far!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

It’s the 30mph (freedom units) one, which as far as I am concerned is a feature not a bug because I am a huge coward. In any case it’s perfect for tootling around my neighborhood and going to the store and such.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

yummycheese posted:

re: e scooters. i have a couple of ninebots and they’re as good as they get and i would still pick a ruckus or vespa of any vintage over a e-scooter any day of the week.

e-scoots are alright. but they’re not
built to last and you kinda have to be a nerd or live in a huge city that has the one repair shop if you want to get service. a 10 year old vespa will out last any e-scoot

Speaking of which, my electric Vespa has been in the shop for like 2 months trying to fix a service banner (which seems entirely cosmetic), even the legitimate Vespa dealership can’t seem to figure out how to fix the drat thing :/

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I have been having non stop problems with my Elettrica so I can’t say I recommend them. Doesn’t help that it doesn’t seem like the Vespa Techs in my city have any idea how to work on them either.