Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Has anyone tried the new Stellas (The 4T ones)? I'm on the shorter end of the height chart and was curious as to how they held out.

I am taking an MSF course soon, but I'm looking over my options and going to meet dealers/sit on the scooters as well (Also to keep my eyes open if a good vintage or used deal comes along).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Radbot posted:

I went to a Stella (4T) launch party in California, since this will be first time the Stella will be sold here. I sat on it and then went on a rally with the store owner riding the new Stella. It's nice, but it really is about the same quality as a Bajaj in my opinion, and paying $4k+ out the door for that option is a painful proposition these days, especially when REALLY nice scooters/bikes can be had for next to nothing on the used market. It was very peppy though and apparently has ridiculously (honestly, unbelievably) high mileage.

Oh thanks! I've been trying to talk to local dealers and sit on scooters before I take my MSF so I know which bikes and/or scooters I can potentially ride on without tipping over when I stop. The Buddy and Stella do look really nice.

(As does that neat red Honda just above).

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I am 4'11". I was expecting to have a harder time with the vespa, but I was only about 3-4 inches short or so in regular shoes with the kickstand up. Either the Vespa is little or I have a weirdly long inseam.

And nah, they have motorcycles/scooters both at the course. I don't mind investing in some aftermarket work, either (It struck me as silly to go crazy with things, but it also seems unwise to skimp needlessly). I am also lucky to be close to the Austin area and there's a few good shops around here I can check in on.

Thank you for the advice, and huh! I didn't know you could do that to the suspension. That'll be good to know too.