Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TacoBender
Jan 2, 2008
Scooter buying advice time:

I have been looking into buying a scooter for some time. I have a 7 Mile commute on one road every day. I can go down a more residential road that is 30mph speed limit for half of that commute, but the remainder is 45mph. No uphills and traffic lights every mile type of deal. I also want to go to the gym with it (1 mile away, and perhaps my local dinner joints and such around the corner)

I found this ad on craiglist:

2008 genuine co. buddy italia - $1000 (32 st 202)

great scooter, 50 cc, almost 7,000 miles.
do some research on these scoots. runs frigg'n awesome, always has.
I got a DUI so i can't ride it for a year & I don't want it to sit. thx
good tags thru march 2012. clean title, don't buy a crappy remote starting, 3 dollar alarm having offbrand.
vespa genuine scooter company honda yamaha kymco are the only scoots i would ever buy.

I wanted a genuine scooter for a while, does this seem like an okay price? Also - I am concerned that on the genuine website it says speed restricted to 30, I was hoping to get 45mph ( I am only 150lbs) any way boost the speed a bit cheaply with out damaging the engine. I feel for safety it would be good to be able to accelerate a little quicker to get myself out of danger and keep pace with traffic as the road I take is a 45mph road.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU