Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhragHG
Mar 27, 2008

Don't stop Booz. Don't stop.
Anyone look at the Honda PCX? I'm thinking about replacing my car with a scooter once the lease is up and it looks like a decent alternative to the Blur but I know very little about scooters firsthand.

Only 125cc vs 220cc on the Blur, slightly cheaper at $3399 vs $3899, but I figure the Honda will have an edge in reliability (liquid cooled) and probably practicality.

I do live in California. I was wondering if the extra 100ccs to make sure my primary transportation is highway legal is worth it. My gut feeling is that I wouldn't want to be on an interstate in California without being surrounded by steel anyways.

Here's a picture in case anyone else is interested.

PhragHG fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhragHG
Mar 27, 2008

Blinken posted:

I was under the impression that anything below 250cc wasn't highway legal in CA.

It turns out the Blur is delayed in California since it has to be specially certified by CARB. The paperwork was filed more than a year ago, but they're still in the process of validating it or something.

What an awesome state :downs:

PhragHG
Mar 27, 2008

TLG James posted:

Seeing those sexy foreign scooters always makes me sad.

I wish Honda would bring the shamu scooter into the US. 250ccs.

Big enough for two, Honda reliability, enough power for the highway, and the storage space of a scooter vs a Ninja250.

PhragHG fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 18, 2010