Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

alright I need to admit defeat, I can't get my scooter to run right. the engine doesn't seem shot, the air filter is clean, the carburetor is spotless, there isn't a leak with the fuel line, the auto-choke isn't off, the wiring is good. What happens is my scooter will be riding along, and then sputter out while it's going.

Can anyone help me out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

Quantumfate posted:

alright I need to admit defeat, I can't get my scooter to run right. the engine doesn't seem shot, the air filter is clean, the carburetor is spotless, there isn't a leak with the fuel line, the auto-choke isn't off, the wiring is good. What happens is my scooter will be riding along, and then sputter out while it's going.

Can anyone help me out?

I really need some help with this, I love my scooter and it's my primary mode of transportation. This one has been better to me than my old one was, the old one was a piece of poo poo. I'm pretty mechanically adept, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the problem is. The battery is non-essential to the running of the scooter and the running of the scooter is the problem. SO it's not the battery. The vacuum lines are tight, so there's no leak there. The carburetor, as I said, is spotless, it looks almost factory. Air filter isn't clogged. When I try to kickstart my scooter it won't always work, and when it does work I can get it running for a bit before it cuts out on me The spark on the plug is white, as it should be. and when my scooter doesn't start up by kickstarting it, I can tell that it's sparking, and the odometer lights and some of the basic electric systems will almost start up, and then dim back down when it fails to kick over.

I need to get this thing fixed, and relatively quickly, I rely on it for transportation so getting it up and running fast is a priority. And no, I don't have the money to take it to a mechanic.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Right, sorry, 150 cc gy6 engine.

EDIT: 4-stroke

Quantumfate fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 10, 2010

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

if it's a kill switch it would just kill the engine, it wouldn't be almost firing. I should double check for airleaks, make sure everything is sealed tight, check the auto-choke, and the fuel lines again. I want to say it's a fuel problem... but fuel does get to the carburetor. Could still be fuel problems I guess of fuel not consistently getting tot he carburetor, but enough might be getting in to fill it. hmm

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Quantumfate posted:

Stuff about scooter not working

Still not working, still too poor to fix it, still in dire need here. I'm normally pretty good with mechanics, but I have -no idea- what's wrong here.