Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
:v: "Look, Honey, I bought you a bowling ball scooter!"
:j: "..."
:v: "Well, fine, if you don't want it..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
For the right price*, I'll go pick it up, go over it with a fine tooth comb, and ride it out to you.

*new Genuine or Kymco of my choosing

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
That diagonal checkerboard is sweet! Might look even better without the stella.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^ If I was an rear end, I would emptyquote that poo poo so you-know-who could see/comment on it. :twisted:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

The thing with the Chinese bikes is their inconsistency. One guy will buy one and never have any problems, and the next guy will have his engine completely poo poo the bed in 80 miles. You can find plenty of stories for both sides. The GY6 motor is Honda-designed, yes, but the Chinese-made ones do not have Honda's rigorous quality control. It's a crapshoot.

I bought 2 identical ones (his & hers) in '08. I put 1,200 miles on mine before trading it for a Nighthawk. My wife's blew up at 700 miles. Crapshoot, indeed.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I'm assuming they've properly secured rights to the Cushman name from Textron?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Yep, Cushman is still in business, producing electric warehouse/utility carts. Why they haven't been folded into EZ-GO (also a Textron company), I've no idea.

The construction equipment division of Ingersoll-Rand was sold to a company called Doosan, who still produces equipment & service parts under the Ingersoll-Rand name, so it's not unheard of.

E: Cushman also make golf & turf vehicles, which makes their separation from EZ-GO all the more baffling.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 3, 2012

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Oh I thought you were talking about throwing a kit.

Thanks, I needed that :)

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
I wish I still had my pics from the last thread (Waffleimages! :argh:) of catastrophic SunL 150 engine failure, to post as a no-text response whenever someone asks about Chinese scooters.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Could be more '80s though:

Even the displacement is 80. That's serious dedication.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Briggs & Stratton.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
https://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/scooter/genuine/

vvv well poop

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 14, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

some_admin posted:

There is a solid state looking blue anodized heatsink thing in the battery tray (floorboard), what could that be?

Regulator/rectifier?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

there are faster, better scooters, but they are much more expensive.

How much is "much more"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Yeah, I'm finding hundred-dollar scooters to be a bit thin on the ground.