Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

ExplodingChef posted:

Anyone have any experience with the Kymco Like 200i? It's apparently a 163cc, which makes little to no sense given the name, but naming conventions pbbbbht I guess.

Friend who can no longer ride due to medical issues is selling theirs, and offered it to me for $500. 2013 or 2014 model, about 1400 miles on it. I can guarantee it's been well maintained aside from probably having sat for a year or so. I'm currently tooling around on a Sym Cali Classic 50cc, and I'd really like something a little beefier for riding cross-town on. Reviews I've found seem to indicate that it's a pretty solid little bike, and a bit less janky than the random Chinese knock-off stuff that pops up. Nothing similar on CL near me.

I have quite a bit of experience with Kymco I most recently had the Super 8 150cc and put about 5k on it. In general they make decent quality stuff not as good as the major Japanese manufacturers premium scooters. The 200i is fuel injected and my major complaint with my Kymco was the autochoke on the carb, it was a poo poo system. It looks like the cali classic is a 4 stroke 50cc, a 150cc is going to be so much more useful in almost every situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

Rubber Slug posted:

I have joined the Legion.

All you need is a milk crate for the rear rack, congrats!

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
Haven't post a lot but I am finally working on getting this thing PX125/P200 frame/motor Vespa ready for Spring and hopefully a Rally in SF this summer. First up are controls and front brake assembly. The front disk kit has never been serviced and this frame setup has been sitting for about 7 years without use. The engine is one I have had for about 10 years and 3 rebuilds and is in decent shape. I lost he flywheel side oil seal a while back and rebuilt and refurbished it. Just need a new fuel line spark plug and some oil and it should be ready to roll! I will post some updates and I work on it. I want to pick up a late model foam P200 seat and a smallish expansion chamber thats not too peaky. I still haven't decided what I want to do with the Carb as far as upgrades go, I want to turn it into a solo commuter/beater I can rip around the SF bay area on and not worry about. The engine has a Malossi 210 kit with a milled head Cosa clutch and a lightened PK flywheel so I should be well on my way.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Hell yeah. Reminds me that I've gotta get my Stella out of winter slumber, I miss the 2-stroke.

I have a severe lack of bike personality by only riding my Yamaha FZ1. Its an incredible machine but that two stroke charm, especially with an aggressive powerband is what I neeeeed.

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe

Kebbins posted:

My P200 exerpienced a motor seizure at 50mph on the 99 viaduct in Seattle last Saturday. Was cruising along just fine when the engine sounded like it ran out of gas and then the rear wheel just locked up. I have no idea how I managed to keep it upright, let alone not get creamed by the cars and trucks on that road.

Seems to be a soft seizure, as I can still kick the starter and the engine putters when I push it around in gear. Internet says I should replace spark and give it a few kicks before taking it to the shop. Really hoping that thing isn't toast, but mostly just amazed that I didn't put it down and it fishtailed, rubber screaming. I didn't even know that a seizure was something that scooters did.

ATGATT, lads.

With the stock barrel I am guessing you are OK since its spinning free. If its not that bad you can hone the barrel with a drill on the rough spot replace the rings and go with it. You can replace the cylinder on a P series without pulling the entire thing apart you just need to take the cooling shroud off and pull the head. Always a good time spend a bunch of money and start upgrading! I cant imagine a used P200 barrel from the shop you take it to will be that bad either.

I have been on the back of a P200 when it seized but we were only going about 45mph. Lots of fun though!

bobbert fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 4, 2018

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
I always really wanted a beat up one of those, there are a bunch of larger displacement engines you can easily swap in it always seems like a good small displacement platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbert
Dec 8, 2002
Fish N Scooters
Fun Shoe
I dragged this thing around the bay area for 8 years? with it not running. I have had the engine for a long time and put a malossi cylinder and carb kit on it 20 years ago. But everything needed love, I had a bunch of issues I never fixed way back when. I got through all of them some highlights in the pics. Some highlights in the pics, I did the front end of this frame last year. Just got 50 miles on the new crank/seals/bearings should be ready for the SF Bay rally season. Spring time is almost here! The frame and engine have been off the road since ~2006.