Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

CubanRefugee posted:

I figured NAPA, AutoZone, or Cycle Gear would have something like it since it seems like something they would carry, but the reps at NAPA and AutoZone looked at me like I was crazy. The rep at AutoZone even said, "I've never heard of an oil fill hole being placed vertically, that's crazy."

Walmart has a syringe called the Mix Master/Meister(?) for doing 2-cycle fuel mixes. The side opposite the ratios has mL and oz. markings, plus it includes a small vinyl tube. Used it to do the gear oil on an Aprilia SportCity (fill at the dipstick) and a Kymco Super8 150 (fill from a vertical hole). Worked great on both other than only having a 50mL capacity, so it was a bit tedious on the 250mL capacity Aprilia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

its like lava posted:

Has anyone ever taken MSF with a scooter? They are giving me the option to take my own scooter (Piaggio Mp3) should I or would the class be better learning on a two wheeler or even a motorcycle?

I think you'll get jealous glares on The Box. In all seriousness, if you ever plan to own a regular scooter or a motorcycle, I'd use one of their bikes. Even if you never use the shifting skills, most of the course should still be useful to you.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

Trident posted:

Can anyone with a Kymco Super8 150 or agility 125 weight in on fuel efficiency? I have a line on a new 2009 S8 150 for $1990 or a new 2009 Agility125 for $1600. I was leaning towards the 150, but after reading some of the reports on Fuelly, there are people claiming only 38 and 30 MPG after a couple hundred miles??? The 125 has better reports, but I was really digging the bigger scooter.

My wife had an '09 Super8 150 for ~1,800 miles from new. Gas mileage generally seemed in the 80+ range easily, but we never really took too many chances with the microscopic gas tank. Anyone claiming Honda Civic'esque mileage is either failing at math or has a severely stuck auto-choke (and a hole in the gas tank).