Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Speaking of vintage scoots, I've had this GS160 for about, crap, 17 years now. I've only ever ridden it around the block a few times but it all works. I've never given it the going over it needs to get it ready for regular riding. I'm working on getting it out of my parents garage in PA and shipping it here to CA. Well, working on it in a very meta way. I've not done anything yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

Z3n posted:

I'd rock the poo poo out of that, even if all that's left of the previous rider is some woman's footwear.

I'd love to ride it but it really kind of needs everything. The suspension is wasted, the head bearings are super notchy, the tires and tubes predate me by a few decades. The good thing is all of the important stuff is there but if that goes it's a pain to get because it's a GS so lots of normal Vespa stuff doesn't work on the engine.
I was thinking about picking up a new Stella engine and sticking it in there for ease of maintenance but that along with everything else it needs would be a huge pain to repair having no garage.