Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

Aerofallosov posted:

Oh thanks! I've been trying to talk to local dealers and sit on scooters before I take my MSF so I know which bikes and/or scooters I can potentially ride on without tipping over when I stop. The Buddy and Stella do look really nice.

(As does that neat red Honda just above).

Are you taking a scooter only course? The honda rebels or other cruisers that the courses have are usually pretty short. The seat height looks a lot shorter than most scooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Couldn't they just have a locksmith pick the lock to get the key out? Then just make a few spares.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
That Sym Jet Euro looks pretty drat cool.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a scooter for my mom and brother's birthday. Their birthdays are a day apart and my brother could use it for going to the store since he has no car. My mom has talked about getting one after seeing my neighbor ride his around and me having motorcycles.

I've been looking at Honda Spree's on craigslist and looked on their forum a bit. Is there anything wrong with these scooters aside from their 32mph top speed? I found out that there are two big bore kits for them but will that raise the top speed at all?

I'm going to call about this one tomorrow. http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/mcy/2187391779.html

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Yeah it seems like it should be quick enough. They all seem to be around $700 in the area unless it doesn't have a title or look like poo poo.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Well I ended up buying a 2004 Hyosung Sense for $450 last night for my mom and brothers birthday present. It had 625mi on it and rides pretty well. It's a 50cc 2T so it's reasonably quick and was able to get up to 45mph. It does start vibrating more and sounds different from about 40mph and up though. It seems really happy cruising around at 35mph. I rode it 11mi back to my house through town and didn't have any issues. I'm pretty sure a group of people in downtown Olympia laughed at me which I thought was amusing.

The guy I bought it from said that he hasn't had to do anything to it aside from change the oil. There is also a Hyosung dealer in town so I'm not too worried about getting parts or anything for it.

I'll get some pictures of it later today or probably tomorrow since it's stashed at my friends house so it wont ruin the surprise.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Here are the pics I got of it today.

I need to take this sticker off but I thought it was funny.

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES

AquaticIguana posted:

I'm considering checking out this Honda: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2359498530.html. My dad grew up riding motorcycles and is convinced I'll kill myself with anything around 100ccs or higher. This would be my first scooter. Is 150cc too strong for a beginner, or this just a case of over protective parenting? I'm not going to fly down the highway on long cruises, but I'd like to not lag in traffic. Also, is that a reasonable price?

That looks like a reasonable price to me. A 150 should be fine as long as you don't just gun it from a stop when you start out. It's also one of the less ugly looking Elites so that's a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaTech
Sep 30, 2003

do you have any PANTIES
Sometimes when the battery is dead you just have to kick it over a bunch to get a little charge in it (works on my mom's hyosung sense). The scooter generally wont charge it much from running though. Also if it's a 12v battery I would get it charged at Autozone for free then use a tender.