Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
My friends and I have a pretty good crew of scooter owners here in the Twin Cities. Mostly Zuma 50cc guys with pipes with a few other cool scoots tossed in. The other day we went 1/2 a block past a "road closed" sign and managed to all get tickets.

My buddys nice Rattler

My roommates nice Formula50

Click for high rez!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

yaay posted:

:smugdog:

My roommates got a Formula 50, http://www.flickr.com/photos/datsun_wong/4785771636/

Such pimp looking scoots. Too bad his decided to stop running yesterday, how much did you buy yours for?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
70cc kitted my Zuma the other night, when I started riding it it would stall and buzz for a sec then take off. Ran like a bat out of hell for a bit and then would bog stall and die. Go again for a bit it'd bog then die after that. Pretty sure my variator is in need of replacing, compression still seems fine clutch is good, and before the kit swap the thing would idle like a harley till I held the rear brake down. When I opened up the transmission the variator side was pinched all the way in as was the contra, maybe a new contra spring would be good too? My zuma has 7800 miles on it if that makes a difference.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I notched the carb pin up a slot per the Corsa kit's instructions, i'm sure its running leaner than it should but not so poorly that its detonating/pinging. It's definitely a transmission problem, the engine would die and it continued to feel bound and I'd hear something slip and it'd free up and coast. I ripped the transmission apart last night and noticed the variator plate is quite rippled. Calling teamcalamari today and hopefully have it back in action soon.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

M4rg4r1ne posted:

Are you still running the stock carburetor? The general consensus I believe is that the stock Yamaha 2 stroke Vino or Zuma carburetor is ill-equipped to handle an engine with a 70cc upgrade. Also has the drive belt ever been replaced? It may be too narrow now from wear. Are you using the stock roller weights? What about the clutch springs? I'm trying to find a place to do throttle chops to check my air/fuel mixture at a variety of RPMs. Even though I simply replaced my pipe, that change alone could require increasing the size of the carburetor's main jet if adjusting the air idle mix screw doesn't prevent it from running lean.

So as it turns out it was lean....on oil. That tiny oil line that leads to the carb fell into the air fan box and it was dieing because of carb oil starvation. I probably drove around the block a good 6 times while it was like that but now its hooked back up and running like a champ. Hopefully not too much damage was done, we'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Ripoff posted:

Not gonna lie, if she doesn't end up liking scoots I might buy whatever she chooses off of her. My only fear is that I'll like it more than my motorcycle, and ride that less than I do now. :gonk:

This is a very real concern. I have a Ducati 999S, Triumph Street Triple, and a Douchey Deus'esq TW200 and I think I rode my scooter more than all 3 combined last year. Summer heat + heavy clutch + traffic in the city is miserable on the 999 and being able to park on the sidewalk anywhere I go is so nice. "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"......I also have more speeding tickets on my Zuma than my 999.