Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadra
Dec 20, 2004
OWW.... logic hurts.
I bought a Beluga!

1986 Yamaha Beluga CV80 (known as the Riva in the US)

Click here for the full 2016x1344 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadra
Dec 20, 2004
OWW.... logic hurts.
Sold my Beluga, bought a 1985 Honda CH150 Elite

Click here for the full 1579x1262 image.

(not mine, this one is much prettier, and I don't have the pod).

Drove it all summer with zero issues, fixed my own punctured tire all by myself and fixed my clogged carb with some help. I was turning into a right little mechanic.

Then I was involved in a little mishap. A combination of wet and ill maintained roads led me to be ejected over my handlebars and landing on the pavement.
Result, 2 broken wrists, bruised knee, bruised sternum, wounded ego.

My scooter, being the robust little bastard it is, took almost zero damage I have to replace the headlight (my high beams don't work) and a single screw.

Hadra
Dec 20, 2004
OWW.... logic hurts.

SpannerX posted:

If I was home right now, I'd seriously consider buying this one:
RIVA 180

Or this one: CH150

Hell, this isn't a bad deal either, atleast not around here: Vino 125

I have a Honda CH150 and I loved it until recently.

Question though,

I was recently in an accident on my scooter and I have (mostly) recovered. The weather is starting to get nice where I live and I am considering getting back on my scooter, but I am terrified. Any tips to get me back on the road without being terrified?