Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I can finally post in CA *cries*

I live in Bangkok, Thailand where traffic looks like this:

I got sick of being stuck in buses without air con or fans for hours so I decided to buy a bike. I've always had cars and/or motorcycles to get around so having just public transport to get around felt incredibly frustrating. A small scooter is the perfect way to fight the traffic. I had a look at a few second hand ones but they were all in horrible condition (owners just didn't give a poo poo). Then my girlfriend decided to just buy a brand new bike so here we go:

A Honda Wave 125i

The white stuff on the rear fender are from monks blessing the bike. This means I'll never crash! (or something)

I've had it for two days now and it's been raining quite a lot but I can't resist riding it. It has just passed 100km. Not exactly the kind of bike I wanted, but it's good enough. The manual is entirely in Thai but my Thai's not very good. I tried to find something about running in the engine. I take it pretty easy but rev her hard once or twice on every ride once the engine is warm. I'd like to do something about the looks but not sure what. Might buy a nicer exhaust pipe 'cause the stock one looks so ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I'm also having problems with starting my bike :( Lately it has sometimes been very hard to start. It's a kick start and with every kick it runs for maybe half a second and dies. It dies too if I try to give it some throttle. It has also stalled on me twice recently, something that did not use to happen. This is quite terrifying in heavy traffic. However, once I do manage to get the engine running it runs fine, no need to keep revving it. What's weird is that the starting problems only happens sometimes. Sometimes it starts on the first kick. I really don't know what's going on :/ Also I've only owned bikes with electric start before so kick starting is new to me but I've managed to start the bike on the first or second try until this happened. Halp me, what is wrong? :( (Bike is a fuel injected Honda Wave 125i if that helps)