Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Ok looking for some advice on scooter purchase.

I'm currently planning to buy a scooter sometime this winter (I swear used prices go down so hard during the winter) and I'm finding the more research I do the less sure I am of what I want.

A little background I used to drive a vino 50 when I got out of highschool and i really want to get back into it again. I definitely want something with more power, but I'm not really looking for heavy freeway use but I do need to jump on and off it every now and then.

I'm looking for something in the 200cc range. I really love vespa styling and brand, but as long as the same "style" is there I'm not LOCKED into the vespa brand. Cheaper is better, so I don't mind used.

Right now I'm looking at the Kymco Like, as my local dealer has them in stock. Part of me wants to pony up the cash and go to a vespa however, I'm not really sure what the pros and cons of either would be between a kymco or vespa at the moment. other than the metal vs. plastic of course. help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Update on my scooter purchasing planning

My co-worker got a gts 250 and I got to try it out a bit. Man its a fun scoot! I also got to try a Piaggio bv 250 and after trying both I made my decision. I'm going to go for the bv250. It has power and it just felt right. (also its cheaper!)

So now I gotta finish saving the money so I can get it by dec/jan. Anyone ever do any longer trips on a BV that could tell me how it went?

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

so I have my mind set on a BV 250, but I'm not sure if I should get new or used. I've come into $9000 dollars this week and I want to put some of it into savings. The only thing on the line is that I put more into savings on a used, and less on a new. Right now there a 2009 BV250 on craigslist with 400 miles and a slight scrape from a drop. With a used I have no way of knowing if somethings wrong with it or not. With a new I'll definitely get a working model but I put less away.

thoughts?